Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if someone else posted this before, but this was the first time I saw it.

Just got back from the Ford dealer for an oil change, and the first thing I noticed when I pulled in the lot was a Lime Squeeze (the color the Fiestas are always shown in) Escape sitting there and instead of a chrome grill or black grill, it matched the body color! I couldn't find any good pics online, so here's a screen shot from the configurator.

A couple quick things about this.

1. I love the color. Wish it would be available on all models and in april when I bought my escape.
2. The color match grill looks great. Again, wish I had that on mine.

From what I can tell digging around the Escape configurator, the color is only available on the hybrid. The color match grill is only available on the base hybrid (the limited of course has chrome), but comes in all of the available colors. Why wouldn't Ford offer a color match grill on everything? If I ever need any body work on the front of my car, I will definitely have it replaced with the grill that matches.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Oh my.

My thoughts:

1. I agree with you on the body-colored grille. I liked the chrome, but I realize it's the only piece of chrome on the car and I might just give it a minor makeover

2. Durr... that green... on the Escape? :barf: However, I do see it becoming a popular color. I'm all for rare colors, but I'm on the fence for this one, I guess.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I did not like the chrome grille either, so I actually ordered a painted black grille for my Escape. If you look at my signature picture you can see it looks much better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The reason that you see this green on more Ford's is because it's in demand by the younger folks buying the Fiesta's. Ford was actually supprised at the response to the "Green," which wasn't originally planned for stateside release on the Fiesta.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tang said:
Oh my.

2. Durr... that green... on the Escape? :barf: However, I do see it becoming a popular color. I'm all for rare colors, but I'm on the fence for this one, I guess.
I do agree that the green is not for everybody. I don't know if I could of actually pulled the trigger on that. I have the steel blue, and like that color a lot.

Stealth87 said:
I did not like the chrome grille either, so I actually ordered a painted black grille for my Escape. If you look at my signature picture you can see it looks much better.
I just assumed you had the SAP in black.

It's not that I don't like the chrome, I just like the body match a little better. I thought about ordering a new grill to paint, but the practical side of me won't allow it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I almost think a black grill is mandatory for a black vehicle. But I personally like the chrome on mine. Plus with the new horizontal grill pieces I just installed, it looks awesome.

As far as color matching I think it would be very cool. Not sure on the antifreeze color of the one posted.. Or is it Mountain Dew color??

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
jay_esc said:
If I remember correctly, Stealth had a black XLT (so chrome grille) which he swapped out for a paintable grille, but I think he took it off an 08.

sinister mob said:
As far as color matching I think it would be very cool. Not sure on the antifreeze color of the one posted.. Or is it Mountain Dew color??
I think the official name is Lime Squeeze, but Mountain Dew/Mellow Yellow green is about right too. I try to call our blue 'Ford Blue' because it's seriously the same color as the logo.

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Love the color Lime Sqeeze metallic(SQ) like the fiestas but definitly needs a limited chrome grill and chrome door handles. Maybe with chrome door sill too , with these very Lime color.

The fiesta have a little bit of chrome when it come with the Lime squeeze metallic color and chrome with black surronding fogs, for me this a good blend !
only my opinion.
We don't have these choice of colors here, just tuxedo black metallic (UH)

French

·
Registered
574 Posts
Tang said:
jay_esc said:
If I remember correctly, Stealth had a black XLT (so chrome grille) which he swapped out for a paintable grille, but I think he took it off an 08.

That would be correct, I ordered a painted black grille for the 08-10 models from tascaparts.com.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Lime squeeze definitely works on the little Fiesta. On the Escape... not so much IMHO... :worry:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mantruck101 said:
Lime squeeze definitely works on the little Fiesta. On the Escape... not so much IMHO... :worry:
x2

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow, that's ummm, :shock:
I think I changed a few diapers almost that color. :hyst:

But for Chrome/Body color debate, 1st I think it's 90% the persons preference, but pait color also plays a role.
All black, with just a chrome grill, :stifle: But 100% Black, looks cool & Gov't agentish

Lighter color's look good in Chrome, I think all White looks 'cheap'.

What I really wish is Ford would actually put real chrom back on their vehicles, not this shinny plastic! I love old school CHROME.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
There was one at my dealership!!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
SUVord said:
Ok Tang.Get some paint and start with Ean!
Ooooh, I'm not sure Jacinda would be too pleased with that... or Ean, for that matter. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
SUVord said:
Ok Tang.Get some paint and start with Ean!
Now THAT would be funny. :D I wonder if we could find some wash-away paint... Sorta like a temporary tatoo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts