Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
For the Escape... unfortunately, it gets little lover right now. You'll have to look among other Escape trims or the Mecury Mariner or Mazda Tribute for some cross-swapping... for now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome!
I don't know of any sites which exclusively sell goodies for Escape modding. (Many such sites exist for, say, Mustangs, but not Escapes.) Still, there's no shortage of aftermarket mods to be had. I got my wheels from autotrucktoys.com, my bull bar from autoanything.com, and my LED lights from eBay, just to name a few.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:thumb:

The last of the best!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ronin, i'm new here, but was wondering how you like the LED lights.

I, as well am looking to brighten up my stock headlamps. Tried the
silverstars, and whatever else, but i'm not happy yet. I'm running
a license plate bracket mount with a couple Lightforce spotlights
for night driving, but would like some extra power from the headlights.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah so far i have15% tint all around with 15% on tail lights, only thing i forgot was the third BL. i'll tint that out also. headlights are stock(sport appearance pkge.) would like to add some leds inside and out. not sure where i want them.

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Nice Escape there!

2011 The best

i am waiting for mine.

French(11 days before the 4th one arrived)

·
Registered
118 Posts
jayb said:
Ronin, i'm new here, but was wondering how you like the LED lights.

I, as well am looking to brighten up my stock headlamps. Tried the
silverstars, and whatever else, but i'm not happy yet. I'm running
a license plate bracket mount with a couple Lightforce spotlights
for night driving, but would like some extra power from the headlights.
Oh, I was referring to my LED interior lights. LEDs won't cut it for use in headlights. They look cool but can't illuminate well over the distances required for headlights. (Actually some high-end cars are starting to offer good, special LED headlights, but nothing you could get for the Escape would be up to the task, as far as I know.) If you want to add brightness to your headlights, HIDs are the way to go! There are lots of threads for that mod. I had a dual-beam HID kit for my Mustang and it was great, but I haven't taken that plunge for the Escape.

·
Registered
467 Posts
cmwalker12 said:
Beautiful.... looks like the one i own last year... but in 2011 it'S now tuxedo black(metallic)
in 2010 it was pure black....

Sap escape are so nice looking...

By the way, you should consider putting molded mud flap as well as bug deflector as soon as you can... the paint is really easy to scratch on those black car...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the compliments!!! so far i'm pleased with the escape overall, a litttle disappointed in the lack of aftermarket stuff though. i wanna keep it sleek looking not sure how the mudflaps would look on it though. any pics would be appreciated. especially since i dont have the foot rails on it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
cmwalker12 said:
thanks for the compliments!!! so far i'm pleased with the escape overall, a litttle disappointed in the lack of aftermarket stuff though. i wanna keep it sleek looking not sure how the mudflaps would look on it though. any pics would be appreciated. especially since i dont have the foot rails on it.
you'll see that even with mud flap there's a body part on rear door that is facing front that is blasted from road debris very fast (mine got blasted after a couple of months even if Ford as applied a plastic film) so imaghine without mud flaps... it'S all the painted rocker panel that will be blasted!!!! i think that's why normal escapes have a different plastic rocker panel) and i only do 8k miles a year.

Same with the bug deflector ... the front part of the hood is very vulnerable thus many rocks chunks over the hood. (friend of mine have an 2010 xlt without it and his hood start to show rust where rock hits)

And with black paint, it's more noticeable when little defects arises... traded my black one to an metallic blue one just because of that.

if i were you i'd consider that...

·
Registered
467 Posts
here are pics of my old black sap escape to see mud flaps on it

oem Ford molded mud flap are very discrete... (maybe if the were piano black on the outside :yes: )we can barely see them on pics but at the same time, they dont protect the underbody very well :(

·
Registered
467 Posts
That was my 1st Escape.... traded it to change color :shades:

The fun about it is that i returned it to my dealer who is about 50 miles from here and they sold it to someone who is at about 1 mile from me :doh:

the one i have now...

:wave:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts