Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I got to drive all the new F-150's through the http://www.drivef150.com marketing event. It was great fun!

Events included an Eco-Challenge (driving the new ecoboost on local roads), Ecoboost Towing (with a 6500 lb trailer), and Drag racing (with all 4 new engines and the top dogs from Toyota, Dodge, and Chevy).

Eco-challenge - I expect the ecoboost to get about 24 mpg cruising at highway speeds. The SuperCrew Lariat we drove averaged 26.5 mpg with the cruise set at 45 mph...NICE!

Ecoboost Towing - it's quite good considering I have no experience towing. I was able to pass my buddy with both of us towing. The Ecoboost is a STRONG engine.

Drag Racing - The Hemi beat everything but the 6.2L Harley. The Ecoboost beat everything but the 6.2L Harley and Hemi. And to be honest, the ecoboost would win if the person driving the ecoboost had the slightest jump off the line. There was less than a half of a truck length between the two..

I'll take a Sterling Grey or Earth Metallic SuperCrew FX2 with Ecoboost please!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Sounds like it was a blast.
:thumb:
Super jealous.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
They said that most would be skeptics about the EcoBoost, but clearly you're convinced!

I wish they had that event up here.

By the way, that Earth Metallic is one hot color.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I didn't take a test ride, but I sat in a new Hennessey Twin Turbo Ford GT at the dealer today. I am willing to bet it would smoke a Hemi.

Not sure of the year, but it was only around $180,000. Not bad. I thought about trading in the Escape. :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Trading the Escape for the Ford GT is a most excellent idea :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: .

But after the first months payment is met with the exchange of the Escape. What are you going to do for the next months' payment :confused:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I did this on Nov. 13th in Fontana and I cant wait to put either the fx2 or lariet supercrew on order. That ecoboost was awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
molanojuan said:
futameca said:
Sounds like it was a blast.
:thumb:
Super jealous.
x2
:rockon:
X3
I've done one Toyota off road challenge thing, it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I actully signed up for the Fontana event. But needed to cancel due to schedule conflicts. :bang:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Watching the EcoBoost campaign makes me want a EcoBoost F-150.... it just sounds like a legitimate alternative to the V8.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Right now I am waiting a couple of years to see what kind of reliability the Ecoboost has in the F-150. If it's plenty tough, I may reward my career with a new pickup truck upon retirement. ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Right now I am waiting a couple of years to see what kind of reliability the Ecoboost has in the F-150. If it's plenty tough, I may reward my career with a new pickup truck upon retirement. ;)
Ill let you know how it is. My ranger needs a new rear end and tranny so im going to upgrade when it releases.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
sinister mob said:
I didn't take a test ride, but I sat in a new Hennessey Twin Turbo Ford GT at the dealer today. I am willing to bet it would smoke a Hemi.

Not sure of the year, but it was only around $180,000. Not bad. I thought about trading in the Escape. :D
My uncle owns a lot of the McDonalds in the area and he purchased one around 2008 for about $210,000. He said he couldn't keep it under 90 the whole way home.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
No kidding! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.