1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks good for a simple econobox :thumb: I like that color alot too :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Diesel not listed as an optional engine, nor is a larger displacement engine for the NA market. I suppose they are going to try one more time to have a single engine for the world market...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yeah I saw the first pics of it a while back ago and was quite impressed. I just bought the wife a 2010 Focus when they came out and looks like I might be trading, depends on the incentives.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I looove the direction Ford is taking. With the Focus and Fiesta, the Taurus, and the updated Edge and Fusion, Ford is on a serious roll.

BTW, for people who seem to dislike the Kuga as the Escape's replacement, there's a lot of buzz that says that when the Kuga does replace the Escape, it will be redesigned, not carried over from the current model. IMHO, the current Kuga platform size is perfect. It has a slightly longer wheelbase than the current Escape, and a 2" wider track, but the basic body size is almost identical. If Ford morphs a version of the current Escape styling onto the more-modern Kuga platform, you won't have anything to worry about.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
My issue is that the vehicles the manufacturers are designing and manufacturing are larger, heavier and more complex. Which makes them less efficient, harder to drive and not as engaging. The consumer interesting to drive vehicles is getting the short shift. I fear the new Escape/Mariner/Tribute (if there is such a thing in the future) will give us bigger and heavier, but not as capable of carrying more cargo. Also in my mind is a picture that the Escape and Explorer are actually going to overlap in functionality and ability, much like the current Edge and Explorer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.