Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2011 Ford Escape hybrid has an intermittent problem with the brakes... if she hits the brakes hard (someone pulls out in front of her in an intersection or behind her in a parking lot) in emergency, the abs light comes on and check brake message comes up, and brakes don't work. She turns it off and opens the door...close door and restarts the vehicle and ABS light is off and the brakes work fine.

I checked the codes with Forscan and got C1028:62-68 primary circuit wheel pressure and C1029:00-68 ABS primary circuit pressure lower than secondary.

It was suggested to me by a friend to start by bleeding the brakes for air.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? The brakes work as they should with no codes....until the brakes are hit real hard... the codes appear again.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
151 Posts
I haven't had this problem...sounds like the error is summoned when ABS is activated (which seems early/aggressive based on the times I've had it kick in).

Bleeding sounds like a good step...I might also take it out to an empty road or parking lot and see if you can jam hard enough to engage ABS and see if ABS is working, the dash light is repeatable, and when relative to ABS involvement it's lighting up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts