Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i got a wrench light on and i scanned it and theres no codes at all and it does not come on till the vehicle moves and i changed the throttle body and no difference . anybody with some advice?

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Do you have an ELM327 adapter to plug into the OBDII port? Use that along with the free version of the Forscan software to get the code.

The issue is the wrench light should really be called the weasel light. It means that you have an error code in some other system that is not covered by the standard power train (Pnnnn) codes. The P codes that cause the check engine light to come on are required by federal law to be readable by a generic scan tool (or otherwise in state emissions tests). Everything else is not which is why the weasel light comes on instead in those instances. And you are supposed to go to a ford dealer to find out what is wrong. It might be the throttle body or possibly the electronic steering. As I recall those were two common problem components.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi i have a solus edge snap on scanner but it does not pick up any codes . sickening no i dont have a elm327 adapter. i have changed the throttle body and the power steering sensor already. because the steering wheel was shaking so i changed the sensor and it works fine now. throttle body i changed made no difference . if you have any other info let me know please and thank you.

·
Registered
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid
23 Posts
when my wrench light came on, it was because the rear main seal blew on the engine.
it also did not throw a code.
I pulled over immediately when the light came on, and checked all that I could, and found that the dipstick had nothing on it. limped it to the next gas station on electric, and filled it with oil to get me to the closest dealership.

they told me that my car repairs would be more than the car was worth. they were liars.
I paid $2200 for the repairs on my vehicle, I could not purchase my vehicle again for $2200.

if you have done your part, and checked your fluids...
your vehicle is showing a wrench symbol with no DTC's leads me to believe it is a problem with the brain/PCM. Hopefully you can reset/flash it

"re-flash?" is generally cheap, a diagnosis fee from your dealership is cheap, don't risk your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts