Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
This new generation of Mustangs is only going to increase the amount of head-2-head rivalry with imports...Especially when the HP and TQ ratings of both engines are apparently conservative compared to what they actually make...

·
Registered
700 Posts
It's no surprise that orders are up for this beast of a new Mustang. They finally got their act together by combining the new styling (new styling staring with the 05's and another re-design in 10) with a powerplant that is worthy of its looks. That's one of the problems I've had with the Mustangs of the last several years... they were equipped with an "underpowered" 4.6L.

With that being said, I think I have my fiance talked into purchasing a 2011! However, we have to wait until next year sometime in order to pay off our student loans first. I've been building several versions on the Ford website and it's going to put us back about 42K for the one I reaaaaally want, but I'm sure I can cut back all the bells and whistles and get one for around 35K. Or possibly find a used one with low miles at that time for a lower price. Hopefully somebody on the board will get their hands on one and comment on them from first-hand experience. Go Ford.

PS... I saw where GM has commercials out claiming they've repaid all their government loans... You still couldn't pay me to buy a GM. Sorry.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Davis137 said:
Especially when the HP and TQ ratings of both engines are apparently conservative compared to what they actually make...
I did read a report where one site Dyno'd the new 5.0 at 435 vs. the 411 Ford claims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts