Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the concept drawing i found. I hope it keeps some of its truck like looks but this is sweet!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I like it, but there's one thing that I hope they don't do with the Kuga/Escape redesign: door-mounted mirrors, which are used on the Kuga. That's a step back, IMHO. I do understand why they're back in style, since the sail panel on the door is now so far forward that it's not on the door anymore, but I still don't like door-mounted mirrors.

End of rant. Carry on.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
We don't have a dislike button. Yet.

:bill:

·
Registered
324 Posts
jpark said:
I like it, but there's one thing that I hope they don't do with the Kuga/Escape redesign: door-mounted mirrors, which are used on the Kuga. That's a step back, IMHO. I do understand why they're back in style, since the sail panel on the door is now so far forward that it's not on the door anymore, but I still don't like door-mounted mirrors.

End of rant. Carry on.
Wait, Im confused here :confused: ....arent most cars today have a mirror mounted on the door? Like most of the Escapes?:confused:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Lots of plastic cladding, weak suspension and steering components, allergic to pot-holes.These are the major drawbacks of the Kuga sharing the same platform with the Focus.Cargo space is very limited too.As a matter of fact the European Focus has a much larger cargo space.
I have done a few thousand miles testing it for Ford in Greece and one thing that nearly erases all these drawbacks is the 2.5 turbo engine courtesy of Volvo.Immense torque and power and superb handling.

If the announced wedding of Escape and Kuga take form I only hope that they take only the good things of each.As for the looks, I think we have to wave adios to the truck-like looks.
Even the new Rangers don't quite have that look any more.

Too slick for my liking.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Katscan said:
jpark said:

End of rant. Carry on.
Wait, Im confused here :confused: ....arent most cars today have a mirror mounted on the door? Like most of the Escapes?:confused:
The current Escape's mirrors are mounted in the sail panel of the front door window, not on the door's sheet metal below the beltline.

The Kuga's mirrors are mounted on the door's sheet metal, below the beltline.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I think the Escape should stay truck-ish, so I'm against this look really. Make it an actual Kuga if you want it to look like that. And I also agree with JP, the door mount is not attractive.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts

Honda called. They want their CR-V back.

No just no to the Koooogah. Both this picture and the design drawing in the 1st post is vomit inducing. The only thing I do like is the windshield angle. Keep the current boxy look fo the Escape, slacken the windshield slightly and call it done. But don't make it a Ford CR-V please. The front end looks like a large mouth bass with its' mouth open.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
A large mouth bass with ears. C'mon they've gotta do better than this! :barf: If they gave this to me I'd turn it over to the Army for Artillery practice! :calvin: Boy do we need a dislike button!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
It is my understanding the 2.0L EcoBoost engine will be featured in the new Escape design. I belive this brings 237 HP and 250 lbs of torque based upon what is stated in the 2011 Explorer.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
sinister mob said:

Honda called. They want their CR-V back.

No just no to the Koooogah. Both this picture and the design drawing in the 1st post is vomit inducing. The only thing I do like is the windshield angle. Keep the current boxy look fo the Escape, slacken the windshield slightly and call it done. But don't make it a Ford CR-V please. The front end looks like a large mouth bass with its' mouth open.
I agree

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe ford will see these posts and rethink the design drawing. It looks like a cross between the new Edge and the new Explorer. I hope this isn't a pattern... or we might have a dramatic change. I hope they make it a little more modern but also more truck like. I may have to switch to the new Bronco when and if it comes out.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts