1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
781 Posts
Makes me want to punch it in the grille...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'll reserve judgment until I see it. Ford's not misguided enough to risk badly alienating a loyal following of Escape owners. Not terribly encouraged, though.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I shall wait until, it is released onto market.
Early days at the moment.

Not overly concerned.
Just can not afford another vehicle.

Shall keep, my escape long as possible.
If my engine has to be, re-conditioned shall even do that.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just remember when GM replaced the S10 with the Canyon/Colorado models. They sold them side by side for a while but killed the S10. And ask yourself how many Colorados you see on the road vs. the old school "ancient" s10s you would have seen 10 years ago (or even today, for that matter!!)

Sometimes people like things the way they are. Use the Focus platform - fine. But keep the boxy shape. If I want "design" I will buy the Edge.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Looks like if my Escape needs replacing I'll be buying a used pre-2012 model and fix it up as needed. I do kind of like it in that one image, but I've seen other angles and it looks like the rest of the crossover sissy mall moppers that are out there. :barf:

Overall though if I need a "new" SUV, Nissan X-terra is looking like my only choice. I'm a proud Ford owner and loyal fan, but if you don't have it you just don't have it, Ford is forgetting us guys out there that want to drive something cool and somewhat rugged.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:stifle: :barf: :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :stifle: :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :stifle: :barf:
GARBAGE
:stifle: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :barf: :stifle: :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :stifle:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Airmapper said:
Looks like if my Escape needs replacing I'll be buying a used pre-2012 model and fix it up as needed. I do kind of like it in that one image, but I've seen other angles and it looks like the rest of the crossover sissy mall moppers that are out there. :barf:

Overall though if I need a "new" SUV, Nissan X-terra is looking like my only choice. I'm a proud Ford owner and loyal fan, but if you don't have it you just don't have it, Ford is forgetting us guys out there that want to drive something cool and somewhat rugged.
I agree 100%. The crossover look is a little too "trendy" for me. I have always like The Xterras and I think if I was going to ever upgrade to something a little more rugged and capable off-road I think I would pick the Xterra. But I'll keep my Escape till the end.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I hope not, God I hope not. I want a NEW Ford escape hybrid limiited, but don't know if I will be able to afford one in time (aka, a 2011) before the possibly go and turn it into that silver turd. Those early 2000's are pretty fugly, and this new one looks like a horrible suburau-minivan mutation. The current Escape is SEXY.... don't ruin it Ford!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
I guess I'm too Ford biased to give my thumbs-up to this.
It screams Kuga outside, too many LEDs and can't even make coffee!
I'll pass.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts