Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
My understanding that for 2012 escape, transmission cooler is seprated from radiator and they are not connected at all, so how can we justify the orange color drops from Front end of transmission?. I cheched the radiator hoses above this area no leak at all . I also did a pressure test at 17psi (marked on cap) no leaks or drop in pressure for 5 min.
. Please help
Jacob

Attachments

· Registered
1,510 Posts
What year vehicle? I think that gen1 has in radiator fluid to fluid heat exchanger, gen 2 and newer have external air to oil coolers.

If it was mixing coolant with transmission fluid, you would see a milky strawberry shake like fluid in either the transmission or the radiator, or both.

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Sorry, I don't know how I missed the subject or you stating it in the post...

If it is at the bottom of the drivers side front of the engine, there are a lot of cooling lines, fittings, the water pump, etc above, and fluids travel down.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I don't know how I missed the subject or you stating it in the post...

If it is at the bottom of the drivers side front of the engine, there are a lot of cooling lines, fittings, the water pump, etc above, and fluids travel down.
Thank you. Original post updated with leak area detail and coolant pressure test

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Right above that is the water pump and entire back housing. While I wouldn't just blindly replace the water pump, I would think about either doing dye in the coolant or cleaning the area up and seeing if you can find where above that point to see it is weeping or leaking out.

I mean...this thing is right above it, there are 4 hoses, the thermostat, the water pump, and where it mounts to the engine and transfers fluids, lots of places to leak from:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts