Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 3.0 160,000

140lb compression
Replaced spark plugs
Swaped coil with cylinder 6
Replaced cylinder 1 fuel injector
Replaced downstream O2 sensor

The long-term fuel trim is high.

p0201 came up so I changed the injector.

I don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Could be the wiring/connector to that injector. While it might be the PCM, it is usually the coil drivers that go bad, not the injector. You can try a noid light (the trigger for the injector is ground, it should have a constant 12v on one side, same colored wire to each injector).

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
You could use a spark plug tester (for small engines) inline with the COP to feed the #1 plug. Observe the spark across the tester if functional. If it sparks consistently, then you can do the injector test bangster suggested, or do his first, depending on tools at hand.
You can 'borrow' some tools from auto parts stores, buy, use, return in good condition and get refunded, so you would not have to buy a set of noid lights, or perhaps a spark tester for that matter.
tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hooked noid lights to 1 and 3 at the same time. 1 did not light at times. I left the battery disconnected for a while and hooked everything back up and drove around for an hour no misfires or MIL. Parked and sat idling for a couple minutes started misfiring. Drove home check engine light flashing all the way back with periodic engine vibration, no MIL. Stopped in driveway MIL comes, permanent P0301 and P0201.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts