Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

New to the forum and was hoping to get some help!
Recently my escape starting getting stuck in gears or skipping gears. Got it scanned and found a Shift Solenoid A code.

The difficulty I’m having is finding this part, I see people have mentioned all solenoids are replaced as a pack. Is this accurate or are solenoids replaced individually? The solenoids I find online all say they are stamped “xx3” “xx5” etc so not sure how to identify which is “A”. Many thanks all, any recommendations for transmission oil on this model year?

·
Registered
283 Posts
What was the actual fault code?

It is imperative to recognize that fault codes do not declare that a specific part is bad. They are the starting point in the diagnostic procedure which is designed to lead you to the most likely culprit.

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,778 Posts
Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Not sure about your solenoid issue. However, looking at the electronic version of the 2012 Owner Manual shows that Ford recommends MERCON LV Automatic Transmission Fluid. As long as you find a fluid that meets Mercon LV , you should be good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was the actual fault code?

It is imperative to recognize that fault codes do not declare that a specific part is bad. They are the starting point in the diagnostic procedure which is designed to lead you to the most likely culprit.
Hi!

The exact fault code is a P0751 “Shift Solenoid A Performance/Stuck Off”

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Not sure about your solenoid issue. However, looking at the electronic version of the 2012 Owner Manual shows that Ford recommends MERCON LV Automatic Transmission Fluid. As long as you find a fluid that meets Mercon LV , you should be good.
Great thanks for the info!

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,778 Posts
Great thanks for the info!
Just a suggestion. You can find an electronic version of your Owner Manual Ford Fleet Owner Manuals. Once you download, you can then search the file for the keyword(s) you are much interested in. MUCH faster than flipping through several hundred pages of the printed manual.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may be wrong, but it looks like Ford is now selling the individual solenoids.

View attachment 2840 View attachment 2841 View attachment 2842 View attachment 2843 View attachment 2844
That is where my confusion came in. Because the shop quoted me specifically for Solenoid A instead of the entire body. But the part they listed was $1100 which does not make sense if it’s a single solenoid. But I couldn’t find exactly which solenoid is considered “A”

1 - 18 of 18 Posts