Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2014 Escape Driver Front Lower Control Arm Part Question

Tags
lca parts
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hurtinmonky 
#1 ·
So I'm getting told I need to replace the driver front LCA. My local repair shop says the part is only available from a dealer and will cost over $600. I called a dealer and pretty much got the same price quote.

So I go online to research the part and I'm finding one available for less than $200. But that is when I run into a concern.

Some of the sites that have the part are also showing the same part but have it as out-of-stock, and upon further inspection I'm seeing notes on these about 'Type 1' and 'Type 2,3,4'. The Type 1 is the OOS LCA but the other one is the 'readily' available.

My question is what the 'Type' is in regards to, and whether or not the 'Type 2,3,4' is interchangeable anyway. Both parts say they 'fit' my 1.6L Titanium.

#2 ·
Rockauto has LCA's for $130, they show one for 18/19 inch wheels and one for 17 inch wheels.

But again, they are also MSRP for $240 at the dealer ($150 from most online dealers), and it seems that #1 is for 18/19 inch wheels and all others are for 17 inch wheels.

You should be able to give the dealer your VIN and they can get you the correct one and for nearly 1/3 the price at $240, they shouldn't be marking up parts $360 over MSRP.

#4 ·
$600 installed (I mean there is a difference talking to the parts department and the service side), if an alignment is included, might be close to reality. It looks like 4 bolts (2 that also locate the sway bar, one pivot/adjustment, and the pinch bolt for the ball joint). Also these are usually use once and replace nuts and bolts, so would need to source those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.