Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, I posted a problem with my 2016 Escape SE. I have the Sync 1 system with the 4 inch screen (non-touch screen version). All sound went out, no channels, bluetooth failed, and USB media also quit working. I was able to find a replacement on 1FactoryRadio.com , for $185 delivered. I ordered it Friday afternoon, and had it on the following Wednesday. I found some Youtube videos showing how to replace it, and all the tools needed. It took about an hour for me, and everything works again like it should. Videos were very simple and straightforward. Now everything works as it should again. The dealership wanted at least $600 to troubleshoot and replace. If the APIM needed replacing, that could have easily been double.

· Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
775 Posts
A few months ago, I posted a problem with my 2016 Escape SE. I have the Sync 1 system with the 4 inch screen (non-touch screen version). All sound went out, no channels, bluetooth failed, and USB media also quit working. I was able to find a replacement on 1FactoryRadio.com , for $185 delivered. I ordered it Friday afternoon, and had it on the following Wednesday. I found some Youtube videos showing how to replace it, and all the tools needed. It took about an hour for me, and everything works again like it should. Videos were very simple and straightforward. Now everything works as it should again. The dealership wanted at least $600 to troubleshoot and replace. If the APIM needed replacing, that could have easily been double.
That's awesome! Thanks for the update!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts