Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit 20K on the odometer yesterday. I've only had my car for a year and five months. Averaging 307 miles a week? Holy cow. But I did go to Michigan and back from here twice, among other places. Time for an oil change and rotation (at 30% oil life remaining, according to the car).

Just curious to see if anyone has put on crazy mileage in a given period of time. I think I hit the one year mark at 13.5K (factor in the two trips home, which is 1,300 miles round trip).

Also, I'm bringing my uncle and his friend (both visiting from Taiwan, his friend here in the US to bring his daughter to Michigan State for freshman orientation) to Niagara Falls sometime in the last week of August. Any places recommended to stop by along the way or in the area? And unfortunately, I will not be driving my Escape... but rather a 2011 Ford Edge Limited. Probably wouldn't have time to do any meet-and-greets with fellow E/C members. In case you're wondering, my dad does management leases through Dearborn. Ford Blue blood :)

(I wish it were the 2011 Mustang V6, but it'd probably be cramped in the backseat... for the passengers!)

·
Registered
679 Posts
i go 20,000km a year no probs and put on 450-480km week.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Not even close. My Escape just turned 75,000 miles and it's 8 yrs old so I'm under 10k per year. I guest that's one of the benefits of working less than 5 miles from home...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
When your in Niagara be sure to check out Goat Island, it's a New York state park located in the Niagara river between the canadian and US falls. Some great views and photo ops, the best part is that you can get inches from the falls. All you need to pay is a little for parking and the island is very easy to get to.
Wave hi as you pass London on the 401 :hi:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
escapeornoescape said:
1 month owning a 2010 escap xlt, odometer reading 2800 KM... am i crazy or not :p
Maybe. We put on 8000 km in just over 2 months (normally that would be 5 months' driving). We made at least 6 road trips, plus some work travel. We decided we better cut back or we'll be trading sooner than planned!
(Sat 31 July - That said, off we went for another road trip today, about 400 km!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts