Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a trip from Attleboro, MA to Syracuse for a wedding and decided that I would check my gas mileage on the way there driving the normal way I drive,75mph on the highway and I got 23mpg. Then on the way back I stayed on cruise control at 67mph and got stuck in stop and go traffic in Boston for a half hour. I thought that my gas gauge was broken when I hit 360+ miles on one tank. I got a whoppin' 25.5mph. Considering the traffic I was stuck in and the long trip I was amazed!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i just got a tank of over 530km it was 350highway, adn the rest was driving around Ottawa. it was pretty weird LoL

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Sounds like reasonable economy for a six cylinder. I am averaging about 630 kilometres from a full tank, but then my escape has the ,mazda 2.3 litre four cylinder engine. Hope i am not confusing anyone by indicating mazda.

Everytime the mechanic does a service, he fits on a mazda oil filter. Anyway, he popped open the bonnet of a Mazda 3, and it has exactly the same engine as my car. Yes, i be aware its basically a Tribute re-badged as a Ford. Everything else is basically similar, but only the car external design is different.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Lupo116 said:
ajc6882 said:
I got a whoppin' 25.5mph.
Damn, I knew I bought the wrong engine! :lol: My over all mileage so far can be seen on my signature. I'm not too happy with it, to be honest.
My wife's 08 Mazda does much better than your Maverick. 26 mpg around town, and 31 mpg on the highway at 80 mph. :peace:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.