Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,372 Posts
what does that + approx 31"? My mech said that 31 will be okay but anything larger will add extra wear on the gearing and these Esacapes are $$ to change the gearing out. I wouldn't go any larger. Also, your speedo may be off by a few MPH.

· Registered
1,372 Posts
31" has a slight rub, but depending on what your going to use it for there is no sense in trimming the wheel well in the rear part of the fender well unless you tend to off-road it regularly. Also the mechanic who helps me is a professional off-road/rock crawler like Lord SUV, and Jants says wheel rub is not as big a deal as people make it out to be because eventually it will wear a pattern in the tire.
I currently ride 30" and have a 1.25" coil lift in the front and have plenty of room. I think it would work fine w/o the lift. I see lots of "E" with 30" tires that are daily drivers...keep us all posted and best of luck with whatever you choose to do.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.