Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm glad to have found this awesome support page for Escapes! I'm excited to be replacing my 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with a 2005 Ford Escape XLT that I'm picking up later this week. It's black with the grey interior (although not leather). I'm pretty satisfied overall with the stock objects, but I do have ONE thing I'd like to include, and that is a 3.5mm Auxiliary port. I am fine with the stock 6-CD changer stereo, but I would like to put the 3.5mm jack to interface with my Nexus One for both music and navigation purposes. Most aftermarket (and even newer model cars) have this port standard (as well as some with a USB port), but I just wanted to know if anyone knows of a nice, clean way of doing so. I hate FM transmitters and want to move away from them because they are a pain, they sound like crap, and they are bulky.

Anyway, I am handy, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what to do. If anyone knows of a way I can just run this port hopefully through the back of the stereo, and maybe drill a hole in the storage hole and run it through there, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have the same issue myself...really all i want to do is play mp3's thru dvd disc or ipod. if i get a new hu, then i wuld like a double din touchscreen nav/dvd hu...the pioneer avic series looks great but the price is way high...thinkin bout gettin the pie thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts