Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I FINALLY got around to ordering one off of ebay, and I have to say the difference is unbelievable. I also bought a set of LED license plate bulbs. Now keep in mind, this first picture is for comparison to the stock halogen only, as I had to buy a brighter set of LEDs.

New LEDs:

5000K HID System:

The ballasts all mounted up:

Link to the couple videos. Keep in mind they were taken on a cell phone, I'll get some better ones up soon.

Anddd finally the Escape as it sits right now. :D

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
That HID technology definitely makes a difference lilshimy36. :) Thanks for the photos and video links.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone was nagging me to get the pictures up on the other thread, now no comments lol?? :confused:

·
Registered
231 Posts
awesome vid of the HID conversion.. one of these days i'll either find my usb cable for my phone or take a vid of the 30k HID warm-up with my camera and upload it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i posted this on the "other" site but i'll post it here as well.. I talked to Justin @ AAC today and he said he'd be more than willing to do a group buy discount if anyone was interested in buying his HID kits. if anyone is interested let me know and i'll set it up

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
lilshimy36 said:
Everyone was nagging me to get the pictures up on the other thread, now no comments lol?? :confused:
Mmmm.....it looks okay.

JK!! It looks great!! :thumb: :D :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
How did I miss this thread!! Very nice Shim! How much would a kit through your boy cost Weezy?

·
Registered
231 Posts
regular price from their site is $279, but as i previously posted i talked to him already and said he'd be more than willing to do a group buy discount. lifetime warranties on kits and he's got all the kits you can imagine... from 3k-30k so whatever the law allows in your town, be it laxed or strict on colors he's got it. 8k is the most popular, but he sells a 4300k which is like an OEM bright white. so, get your friends together and let me know how many people and i'll see what kind of price he's got. you may be waiting a few days to hear anything, depending on Gustav... he may or may not let me talk to anyone after tomorrow.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone, I lovee them. The output is unbelievable, and the other night was the first time my headlights actually LIT UP the road in the rain. Like I said, I ordered mine off of ebay for $75 shipped, which is what I would recommend to anyone before you go out and drop $300 on the same kit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Looks good, both the pics and the videos...just a few quick questions for you...

1. What make/Brand of HID kits did you buy

2. It looks like your headlights strobe or pulse a little bit, unless that's just your camera adjusting as the bulbs warm up

3. You didn't need to do the DRL deactivation mod to your truck did you? I know for us up here in Canada, that our trucks have the DRL's, and that you need to deactivate them in order for the lowbeam HID's to work (though I read that the auto lamp setting still works just fine, even with the DRL's offline)?

I am seriously considering getting HID kits from MobileHID.com or somewhere similar...though I might just get some Sylvania Silverstars or SIlverstar Ultra's to tide me over until spring...

L8tz

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Davis137 said:
Looks good, both the pics and the videos...just a few quick questions for you...

1. What make/Brand of HID kits did you buy

2. It looks like your headlights strobe or pulse a little bit, unless that's just your camera adjusting as the bulbs warm up

3. You didn't need to do the DRL deactivation mod to your truck did you? I know for us up here in Canada, that our trucks have the DRL's, and that you need to deactivate them in order for the lowbeam HID's to work (though I read that the auto lamp setting still works just fine, even with the DRL's offline)?

I am seriously considering getting HID kits from MobileHID.com or somewhere similar...though I might just get some Sylvania Silverstars or SIlverstar Ultra's to tide me over until spring...

L8tz
I bought the HIDs off of ebay, username "intensehid". I'm not sure of the exact brand, but they're the exact same thing as a $300 HID system.. except mine were only $75. The videos and pictures were taken with my phone, so they're not the best quality. Although the camera makes it look stronger, the bulbs do pulse a little bit as they warm up, but the only thing you can really see is the color change.

My Escape is an '02 so it didn't come with daily running lights, but I've heard all about that problem. I'm not sure what to tell you for that, I'm not electrically inclined. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a $300 HID kit. The $75 kits are the exact same, and even if you do eventually have trouble with them, you can still buy another three sets before you meet the price of the others.

If you're interested, I have a set of PIAA Extreme White bulbs that I used for about two months before I got the HIDs. They're great bulbs, huge improvement over stock. I bought them for around $90 (I have the receipt that I can scan if you want), and I would gladly let them go for $20.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lilshimy36, thats wicked... I really want HID lights now, but I think I'd go with 6000k for a hint of blue.

and Davis137, If you dont want to blow 59+ bucks for silverstar/ ultra, take a look at eurolite xenon super plasma bulbs, they are like 25$ and a definite improvement over stock.

·
Registered
138 Posts
another question... Are your high beams HID also, or are they a standard halogen?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jordan31 said:
and Davis137, If you dont want to blow 59+ bucks for silverstar/ ultra, take a look at eurolite xenon super plasma bulbs, they are like 25$ and a definite improvement over stock.
Like I said, I have PIAA's for sale for $20. They're the best you can get, I'll scan the reciept for you if you want.

Jordan31 said:
another question... Are your high beams HID also, or are they a standard halogen?
I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, but I have the Nokya Arctic White 7000K bulbs in for the high beams. I use these when it starts to get dark or on cloudy and rainy days; they look like HIDs and provide better light output for cars ahead to see you coming. It also saves the life of my lowbeam HIDs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi Lil Shimy, does this look close to what you may have gotten? EBAY

I have a 4300K HID on my cycle and I am loving it. I think that HID's run cooler than standard bulbs, do you have any concerns with your HID and your upgraded 06 headlight kit?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SilverAthlon said:
Hi Lil Shimy, does this look close to what you may have gotten? EBAY

I have a 4300K HID on my cycle and I am loving it. I think that HID's run cooler than standard bulbs, do you have any concerns with your HID and your upgraded 06 headlight kit?
Yes that kit looks very similar, like I said I got mine from ebay user "intensehid". As far as my HIDs and headlights go, I love them. You could pay me to go back to my old style headlights or even to go back to my normal bulbs. The difference is unbelievable.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I bought them, $70 shipped with 2 year warranty on all components. I looked up the seller IntenseHID and there were no items listed for the seller, but I'm sure they're all re-selling the same stuff. Do you have HID for just the low beam? or did you do Fog and High beams too? I got H11's with 5000k brightness...

Way excited!! :yahoo:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You won't be disappointed, I love mine more than anything. If I had the money to burn I would definately get the fogs and brights in HIDs too. Be sure to post pics when you install em.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I agree, I absolutely love my HID modification to the cycle, but it cost 2x as much and required some significant F'ing around... All totally worth it though. I don't know if a guide is necessary, but I'll do the best I can to get pics up. My camera right now only focuses 1/2 the time...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts