Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah the only thing that was a pain was drilling holes in the back of the headlight covers, overall it took around an hour.

·
Registered
311 Posts
MMM drilling - sounds like fun. I've been reading around EC and I came across someone else who installed HID. Did you have to remove the bumper, or were you able to lean in over the top and take care of business? Did your directions say to drill?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
SilverAthlon said:
MMM drilling - sounds like fun. I've been reading around EC and I came across someone else who installed HID. Did you have to remove the bumper, or were you able to lean in over the top and take care of business? Did your directions say to drill?
No, my dad and I just popped the hood and did everything from there. The space is really, really crammed so we did end up taking the battery out, but other than that you can do everything like that. Since they were a universal set, they didn't give specifics for the Escape, they just stated how to hook the wires up. My kit came with a rubber grommet to seal the drilled hole though, so I would assume most others would as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey where did you get the LED license plate lights?

I would also love to get a set? did you get them off of ebay... thank you for your time

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I got em from a local custom car shop nearby.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maybe someone can help me out here.
I got 2 of these LED's

However, they won't fit into the lightbulb holder. See the pics below.
They get a connection, but do not fit into the holder properly. They won't snap in, as they are too wide to do so are the base.
See the pictures below to see the difference in the sizes of the regular blub, and the LED.

Does anybody have any solutions?

·
Registered
328 Posts
first time i ordered the plate LED's i got those same bulbs by accident. the conection is right however the bulb itsself is to wide to fit. and unfortunatly i was forced to order another set of proper (smaller) size.

·
Registered
231 Posts
goto aacstyle.com and buy the t-10 wedge bulbs. perfect fit. i'd suggest the 5 smd cool white color...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If anyone was curious to know how the HIDs are, they're still going stronger than ever. I wouldn't trade them for anything, even if you payed me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
There's gotta be tons of websites that sell them, or if you have a local auto shop nearby.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts