Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haiii
My dad just bought a 56 ford to restore as kinda a joint project (we both have old trucks) I have a 51 dodge but thats not what this post is about anyway i was just wondering if anybody else has any tips, tricks, or experince, anything maybe any old parts trucks anything about this truck im just curious to see what anybody elses feelings are about this truck

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
monkey-1 said:
That is my FAVORITE year model of F100's, especially if its a big window. I love that fat fendered body style and '56 is the only year they made it. PLEASE post pics!!!!
+1 for the 56 wide window Custom Cab. A truck with style and finese... ;)

You might try to look at Ford Truck Enthusiast dot com. (Ford-trucks.com) should do. Lots of restoration dudes there for the old trucks. And they would probably share more than just pics to the restoration. :angel:

I'd probably have one myself, but am not "mechanically reclined" :D .

Here's a link to a portion of the forum to check them out:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I wish I could help, I love old things and especially the "keeping them running" part. I still use a television from the mid-80s, with a wooden cabinet.

Since these trucks got updated every decade or so, let me know if a part in question was still in a production vehicle beyond the mid-80s. I have service manuals that should go back to 1983 or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i got a few pictures there not very good ones at the moment because we just built a tarp garage right beside it so you cant get really good angle but ill go take some tommorow and try and post them

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 for the '56 F100 :)P

My dad hot-rodded one of those back in the 70's. 351 Cleveland, chrome reverse wheels, raised teak on the running boards. It was a trick ride back in the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts