Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my install of my amp remote, when taking apart the dash I noticed an extra plug that does nothing. I didn't get a pic at the time so I will try to explain. Behind the USB-A/C adapter panel in the dash there are 5 plugs. 4 of them were plugged in: A/C Adaptor, Traction button, USB and Auxillary. In between the USB and the Auxillary there was another plug that clips to the panel but does nothing. It is the same shape as the Traction button plug and is orange/brown. I actually plugged it into the traction button by accident when re-installing. When I tested everything the light ion the dash didn't come on. Then I swapped those plugs and everything was fine.

Anyone have any idea what that plug is for? I assume it is a stock plug for another accessory for maybe a different model?

Plug is where the red arrow is behind the panel:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Topman's right. On Limited-trim Escapes, there is room for a Reverse Sensing disable button there... but I am totally game for adding an accessory button there, like smoke screen.. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.