Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a lot of reading these past few days on the 2009-2010 6 speed transmissions and there are some real issues from what I read. I just hope I don't regret my purchase as the tranny stories are very worrisome. I have yet to read more then 10% (just my speculation/guesstimate) of respondents who have had no problems at all. I will keep my nose plugged for now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I imagine there is a whole team of engineers and experts working on a proper fix for the leaking seal / loose axle [axle slap?] issue we are currently witnessing and experiencing. Eventually, there will be a TSB for a permanent fix but if they can't come up with one. If it's unfixable, I'm not too worried because I know Ford stands behind their products. From my past: A long time ago, I owned a 1991 Sable that had transmission problems. Back then, Ford sent out a voucher for a replacement if the transmission went south. I never did need to use that voucher either. But because of that, I have plenty of faith.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Both GM and Ford, common design, have and issues reported with the new six speed. I can't say that I relish the thought, but do tend to discount it. My brothers mini van has transmissions issues galore if you read all that is reported on line. In reality, the Oddyssey has been largely bullet proof.

I say, relax and wait this thing out. My Bullitt is an 01. Many of my Bullitt site members have reported tranny problems. Yet, I do not have any problems. A buddy of mine has three, yes three Bullitts. None of them have any issues. Each vehicle and it's owner are individual. Each one has it's problems, and some have other problems that yours doesn't. :shrug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts