Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took the hybrid in and we are needing to get the 60,000 mile service done. What needs to be done with this?

I know we will not need to do the raditor as we just had our car fixed and the raditor and fluids had to be changed. So what needs to be done.

Please move if in wrong spot.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In the Problems's & Solutions section there's an Online owner's manuals topic that has a link where you can download a scheduled service manual. The topic is kinda in plain sight.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Also... if you go to the Ford Owners site (http://www.flmowner.com) and create an account, there is a maintenance schedule section that will tell you what is involved in your next scheduled service...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well when we took our hybrid in for an oil change, the guy stated the 60,000 mile service is a big one. I looked in the book and it just seems like normal 10,000 mile interval maintenance. He talked about the raditor needing to be flushed, but we got in an accident and got new ones so we are good there. So what else may need to be done, such as transmission flush, etc. I know spark plugs are done at 100,000 miles. I shoudl change out the battery filter and air filter under the hood, which can be picked up at oreilly or auto zone. What about changing out the fuel filter or anything of that nature.

Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
davids2005 said:
Thanks for the helpful post unlike the person above you.
Uh, what's the problem w the info I provided. Maybe you're too lazy to find the maint schedule info yourself or you're too helpless to be able to use it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hurk said:
davids2005 said:
Thanks for the helpful post unlike the person above you.
Uh, what's the problem w the info I provided. Maybe you're too lazy to find the maint schedule info yourself or you're too helpless to be able to use it.
Are you too lazy to help someone and post a link? I have already looked at my maint schedule in my vehicle guide that comes with the truck. I was more trying to see if there was anything else that needed to be done besides what is listed. Those are not always the most complete with info and such. If you have nothing to add to my threads, why dont you just pass on them and not bother?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
One thing that you need to realize is many dealerships make up their own recommended maintenance schedules that don't align with the Ford Recommended schedule. All dealerships I use stick to the old "oil change every 3000 miles" mantra even though many manufactures recommend 5000 mile oil changes.

BTW, The Ford recommed service schedule should be at the back of your Owner's Manual. If you don't have it for some reason, the Online owner's manuals thread hurk mentioned is a sticky at the top of the Problems & Solutions section of the forum.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RobtRoma said:
One thing that you need to realize is many dealerships make up their own recommended maintenance schedules that don't align with the Ford Recommended schedule. All dealerships I use stick to the old "oil change every 3000 miles" mantra even though many manufactures recommend 5000 mile oil changes.

BTW, The Ford recommed service schedule should be at the back of your Owner's Manual. If you don't have it for some reason, the Online owner's manuals thread hurk mentioned is a sticky at the top of the Problems & Solutions section of the forum.
I guess you may have missed the part above where I said I read the maint guide in my user guide that came with the vehicle. I was seeing if there is anything else that may need to be done besides what is listed.

So can anyone provide useful info besides read the maint guide which I already did.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
davids2005 said:
Colleen said:
Monitoring this thread! PLEASE, play nice! :)
If you are monitoring thread, please delete non useful info.

Thanks.
I do not see any non useful info in this thread. The members are simply trying to help you. If you need further assistance than what our members can provide, then perhaps you should look elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
davids2005 said:
I guess you may have missed the part above where I said I read the maint guide in my user guide that came with the vehicle. I was seeing if there is anything else that may need to be done besides what is listed.

So can anyone provide useful info besides read the maint guide which I already did.
Yup... I was making my post when you posted that.

I can't help other that point out what Ford recommends. Like I said, many dealers set their own schedules and I'm sure they vary from dealer to dealer. I personally follow my own schedule somewhere in between what Ford recommends and what the dealers recommend. Sometimes you just have to follow your own logic like you are with the radiator...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Colleen said:
davids2005 said:
Colleen said:
Monitoring this thread! PLEASE, play nice! :)
If you are monitoring thread, please delete non useful info.

Thanks.
I do not see any non useful info in this thread. The members are simply trying to help you. If you need further assistance than what our members can provide, then perhaps you should look elsewhere.
The post I reported is really not useful. Instead of being a smart *** and posting in bold, there could have been a link posted. Obviously we are back to step 1

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hurk said:
In the Problems's & Solutions section there's an Online owner's manuals topic that has a link where you can download a scheduled service manual. The topic is kinda in plain sight.
It did not appear in plain sight as I missed it. I guess you are saying I am not able to see or read. How is this post useful?

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
davids2005 said:
hurk said:
It did not appear in plain sight as I missed it. I guess you are saying I am not able to see or read. How is this post useful?
Please take a step back and chill. :) The online owner's manuals thread is a sticky and therefore located at the TOP of the Problems and Solutions section. Perhaps hurk did not feel that it was necessary to post a link for this reason. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Colleen said:
davids2005 said:
hurk said:
Please take a step back and chill. :) The online owner's manuals thread is a sticky and therefore located at the TOP of the Problems and Solutions section. Perhaps hurk did not feel that it was necessary to post a link for this reason. :)
And perhaps I feel his post was useless without a link. But I guess what I think and what mods think are two different things.

Also if you want to get technical, it is not at the top. It is actually the 3rd thread from the top if you include the very top one or the 2nd from the top pending on how you want to look at it. So it is TOWARDS THE TOP. You as a mod should learn that caps is for screaming at people.

Really this thread is going no where, how about you be a mod and delete nono useful post in here by me and others or close it.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
This thread is now closed.
By the way, a moderator has the final say ( whether you like it or not) and you had best remember that!
We have had to close threads that you have started before. Your behavior WILL NOT be tolerated on this site!
You are treading on very thin ice. Consider this a warning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.