Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem, hoping maybe somebody else has experienced this. On my 2005 Escape, I get a very small drip of water on the inside firewall when the a/c is used. The drain is open, the leak comes from the backside of the evap case between it and the firewall where there is about a 1/2" gap per design. I can see a little trail coming from up above the level of the drain. The case is not sweating on the bottom or the back. I am thinking the low-side line where it goes thru the firewall is sweating and dripping down because it is not insulated, but if this were the case, I would expect this to happen to a lot of Escapes, but nobody I've talked to has heard of it and there is no recall that I can find. Anybody else experienced this problem? Right now I have an adult diaper stuffed in the gap to absorb the water and keep it from running down underneath my carpet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a crack in the plastic case?
I cannot see one with a mirror or feel one with my hand, but I can only get so far up there. However, this would mean that if the case were cracked, it would have to be about halfway up or higher on the back of the case. How would water get itself on the inside back wall of the case repeatedly so that it could come out the crack? Not saying it wouldn't, but it would be more sporatic I would think. In any case, I don't want to pull the dash out (req'd to remove the evap case) just to get a look.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I'm thinking that if you want to really find out what's going on with the a/c evaporative water, your gonna have to open that puppy up. :worry: :shrug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts