Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are a few things i've done for the past 3 weeks.I hope you guys going to like them!!
A hitch that i've found in a junk yard for 25 bucks off of a tribute(including the harness,and yellow relay).I know it looks new but i've painted it.
It is a factory hitch so you need to take the bumper cover off bacuse it replaces the bumper it self.

A keypad off ebay that was originally black but i've bought a rattle can from duplicolor perfect match gold ash(and it does match really good!!).I love this thing because if i go somewhere i don't need to carry my keys with me.

I've sprayed Duplicolor rubberized undercoating to wheel wells

I'm looking into doing the led handle mod right now but i want to get a handle from the junk yard first so i can butcher before because mine are painted body color and i don't want to mess them up :D.

Thank you all! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Whoa, you got an OEM hitch for $25? What a steal. Seriously. And nice job cleaning it up too... you had me fooled. Did you just cut the square out of the bumper so that it would fit? I think that hitch easily saved me from more hassle/damage when I was rear-ended... and I've alwayas wondered if it increases the integrity of the vehicle. Who knows.

You must be inspired by that video I posted a while back. I'm interested to see how it looks... I'll keep posted to this thread!

What's the rubberized undercoating for, just curious?

·
Registered
12 Posts
First hit off of google search for "Duplicolor rubberized undercoating"

Dupli-Color offers a complete line of undercoating products ideal for providing protection for wheel wells, gas tanks, frames and supports, weld joints, floor pans, doors, and quarter panels. Dupli-Color Undercoat (UC101) offers economical protection plus paintablity, moisture resistance, corrosions resistance, and a durable rubberized finish. Dupli-Color Professional Undercoat with Sound Eliminator (UC102) provides superior protection by also reducing road vibrations and road noise.
I had to look this stuff up too, and it looks pretty nice actually, especially with the winter months coming up. The whole corrosion resistance part is very attractive, and it looked good once you applied it too!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I feel like I already have it in some parts of my wheel wells, but I'm going to give it second look tomorrow!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tang said:
Whoa, you got an OEM hitch for $25? What a steal. Seriously. And nice job cleaning it up too... you had me fooled. Did you just cut the square out of the bumper so that it would fit? I think that hitch easily saved me from more hassle/damage when I was rear-ended... and I've alwayas wondered if it increases the integrity of the vehicle. Who knows.

You must be inspired by that video I posted a while back. I'm interested to see how it looks... I'll keep posted to this thread!

What's the rubberized undercoating for, just curious?
Yeah man 25 bucks :D .There is a really good junk yard here and very cheap and they let you pick the parts yourself.And i always like to use OEM if i can.
I've used a dremel to cut the bumper.

That video you posted with the led handles did inspire me plus a friend of mine that has an audi tt.

The rubberized undercoating is to protect or sound deaden door skins,quarter panels and plus have you seen how unfinished that part looks? I mean the undercarriage has nothing on it to protect it.And it also looks a lot better.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank-you guys for the compliments.I took most of the pics with my phone.I also need to post some interior add ons on the interior mods section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts