Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2009 ford escape in February of this year. Since then I have been wanting to upgrade everything.

I have a XLT model. I now want leather, heated seats, navigation, and a hybrid.

I currently owe 19,477.

My car has 5,989 Miles.

Does anyone know what my car would get in a trade in?
Do you think it is worth it to trade it in now for what I want rather than later?

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
148 Posts
Scott I would think you are going to be upside down in your autoloan. A good source for trade-in info is Edmunds.com create a profile and post in "the Real-World Trade-In Values" forum the guys there are usually spot on.

·
Registered
322 Posts
When we traded in the mini van for the Escape, carmax was right at the same thing the dealer offered us. you can search their site for selling prices and knock off a few grand for trade in price.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You wouldn't be the first person to think that. There are a number of entry level iSport model Tributes at our Mazda dealer that have been traded in for the higher level Tribute model with the leather and all manner of options added above what they had on the original truck. Personally, I like the iSport best. I love to hear that little four banger accelerate and step up through the gears! YaaHoo!
We have owned an Explorer and Crown Victoria before with all manner of goodies, both were top of the model line at the time. I always disliked the insulated feeling of the Limited Explorer and the Crown Vic LX. Great machines for sure, but I like to hear and feel something while I'm driving. That and I dislike the distractions of toys in the car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Your best bet is to talk with the selling dealership and get their opinion on your current options. You might get lucky and have them cut you a break. But do not roll over anything negative into your next one... Unless you want to pay for 2 escapes.

However, I think the XLT has all the correct features to get the job done.

ABS, Airbags, Power Stuff and fancy fog lights...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
sleeve said:
But do not roll over anything negative into your next one... Unless you want to pay for 2 escapes.
What he said. Only make that never rollover your debt from one into another, that is a receipt for bankruptcy.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I have done that, stuff up in the past.
This was ,when i traded my first car in.

#
Got stuck, with two car re-payments.
Have no intention, of negotiating that path again.
Should have waited, until first car loan was paid off.

Had a year loan owing, when i traded in.
Fortunately, job security was secure back then.
But it ,could have been a recipe for disaster.

#
I have a different attitude now.
Back then i was 25 years old.
Because of being young, thought i was invincible.
Wanted it all on a platter.
But in time i had to, learn about facing challenges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.