Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, first post over here. Thought I'd come say hello and share the new ride.

About two months ago, I picked up a 2011 Escape XLT in Silver, V6 and 4WD. Only optional feature was SYNC.

So far, since I got it, I've changed out the headlights for Sylvania Silverstars. Snowtires are on the way.

I'm looking to do something with that mast antenna - I liked the short stubby antenna my prior Fusion had, wish I could do something here, even if I left the antenna mounted top right. I'd like to do something with the grill, too, but not sure what. I'd love to black it out like other Escapes, but that tends to only work on black Escapes!

Like I said, I'm coming from a Fusion, and a Five Hundred before that. (I love the Escape, but my Five Hundred was my all time favorite vehicle - Haldex AWD, classy styling, and the safest vehicle I've ever driven. Not to mention I got it at 16 - memories, there.) The first vehicle I ever drove however was a 2002 Escape XLT - that we only disposed of recently and traded in for a 2010. That's right, twin Escapes in the driveway.

These are awesome, awesome cars.

Look forward to contributing!

·
Registered
294 Posts
very beautiful! congrats on your new escape! My escape is my 3rd car. Lots of ppl here with more than one escape.
my dad has the mercury version of the ford 500, he loves it to death and he says its the best car hes ever driven and yes the safest. I still think it was the most under-marketed car ford ever made, and a real bang for the buck too. His has a more responsive steering and AWD system than my escape the only option it dosent have is the moonroof but it has everything else.
I personally dont like the CVT.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ltlredscape said:
very beautiful! congrats on your new escape! My escape is my 3rd car. Lots of ppl here with more than one escape.
my dad has the mercury version of the ford 500, he loves it to death and he says its the best car hes ever driven and yes the safest. I still think it was the most under-marketed car ford ever made, and a real bang for the buck too. His has a more responsive steering and AWD system than my escape the only option it dosent have is the moonroof but it has everything else.
I adored the CVT. With that and careful throttling, that car had hit 32 MPG more than once, and sometimes, 33. I really regret not keeping that car, save for the fact that it was during the age of Jacques Nasser's aftermath, and the quality was NOT where it needed to be. :(

Thank you Lord Mulally righted the company...

The first weekend I had the Escape, I took it 700 miles across New York state... that was Whitney Point Lake. A wrong turn, actually!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:hi:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Domain said:
ltlredscape said:
I adored the CVT. With that and careful throttling, that car had hit 32 MPG more than once, and sometimes, 33. I really regret not keeping that car, save for the fact that it was during the age of Jacques Nasser's aftermath, and the quality was NOT where it needed to be. :(

Thank you Lord Mulally righted the company...

The first weekend I had the Escape, I took it 700 miles across New York state... that was Whitney Point Lake. A wrong turn, actually!
yeah my dad gets 32 in his montego, it has the CVT too. It is truly amazing and its basically an overlooked bargain from ford, it has a larger interior than a town car and sits higher too. Ford made them with volvo for only 3 years, then dropped them, called the new ones a taurus and put the cyclone engine in them that gets 18mpg....and dropped that too. There hard to find around here used, ppl will buy and keep them. They also hold their value well.
It still turns heads around here lol.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,620 Posts
Welcome to the City!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice looking Escape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcomes, folks! Glad to be here!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad to have you on board, Domain!

As far as getting rid of that "mast antenna," I really like my shorty model from Stack Racing. It's actually made for 09-and-back Mustangs, but I discovered that it fits my 09 Escape just fine. Great reception too; very, very close to stock even though it's only 14 inches long. They also make an 8-inch, which I've also owned. (But IMO that looks a little TOO stubby on an SUV, and the reception suffers as well.)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ronin said:

As far as getting rid of that "mast antenna," I really like my shorty model from Stack Racing. It's actually made for 09-and-back Mustangs, but I discovered that it fits my 09 Escape just fine. Great reception too; very, very close to stock even though it's only 14 inches long. They also make an 8-inch, which I've also owned. (But IMO that looks a little TOO stubby on an SUV, and the reception suffers as well.)
This?

http://www.usmusclemods.com/product/SR-E-ANT-14-BK

·
Registered
118 Posts
Domain said:
Ronin said:

This?

http://www.usmusclemods.com/product/SR-E-ANT-14-BK
Yep, that's the one!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.