Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make A-Pillar Gauge Pods for the Escape? I am thinking of putting more gauges (Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Transmission Temperature) into our vehicle to better keep an eye on things, plus they just look cool! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was a bit curious about that too... I'm guessing the link is a gentle 'no' since i didn't see any that were custom for the escape...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think user Surfscape has A-Pillar pods. I'm not 100% sure he's the one, but someone here has a sig with a picture of them.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
you could probably make one out of tubing that could sit anywhere on the dashboard. Make some aluminum mounting brackets cut the tubing to length. I know the off-road shops sell gauges that mount to a round piece of tubing. I would imagine you could find everything you would need for the project at a performance shop or off-road shop. It would be pretty easy to do if you have the tools to cut the material with. If you can 't weld just pay a welder a few bucks or take it to a local votech college and I bet you'd find somebody more then willing to weld or even fab something up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I used a universal (cut to fit) from I think Equuis for my oil press gauge, and it took up most of the room on the pillar between the dash and the grab handle. to make it fit correctly I trimmed both long sides, heated it with a blow dryer and screwed it directly to the plastic at the points where there were gaps in the fit. end result looks pretty good, except I have one corner (upper toward the windshield) that refuses to lay flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts