Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I posted in the Powertrain section, I recently suffered the loss of my first Escape. As I have said, I gave my Escape to my mom before I left for Iraq last year. Last week, my silver one suffered a fatal side-impact. My dad was fine, save for a couple of bumps and bruises, but the Escape is no longer.
On October 13th, I lost a very dear friend of mine. That car went through all of my stupid antics, off-roading, learning the Scandinavian Flick, and most importantly, carrying myself around everywhere I needed or wanted to go without the slightest hint of complaint. Silver, you were a loyal friend until the very end, and I am proud to have known you, and to have owned you. You will be sincerely missed. RIP 10.13.10.

And, just one for memory's sake:

That was the day after I got my Silver.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, and thanks for the condolences... I miss it so very much.
Most importantly, my dad is alright. I just wish I could say the same for the car.
It was the first car I ever picked for myself, and so it holds a really sentimental place in my heart.
RIP

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
It will RIP. It looks like it took a rough hit and for your dad to have just bumps and bruises is very lucky and really great that the Escape's safety did its job. Ean (my escape) is my first nice thing I have bought myself and paid for without any help. Just the thought of losing him to an accident makes me want to cry. I think I will only give him up when he can't go any longer and then I will just get another Escape.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it really does speak volumes for it.
Ean looks great! I really like the colour a lot. I think I'm keeping Bloo until he can't go on, and then I'll probably just overhaul him, as that's more my thing anyway. (I'm restoring a 1974 Z28 Camaro at the moment.)
I couldn't imagine suffering the loss of my Bloo, especially since I lost Silver. I named the first one Silver, so I could say things like, "HI-YO SILVER! AWAY!" and speed off. That car was fantastic.
I hope that nothing ever happens to Ean, or to any of the other Escapes, Mariners and Tributes. They're all far too wonderful to deserve such tragedies.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
They are amazing vehicles. And even though you lost Silver, it does reassure me that Ean will protect me if someone is stupid and hits me. Sounds awesome what you're doing with the other car. Post pics sometime!

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Omg! What an impact! And Silver sure did protect your dad from serious injury!
Very sorry about Silver but thank God your dad is okay.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, it really was a sad day.
I miss my Silver terribly, but I'm very appreciative of the fact that it wasn't my dad that took most of the impact. I suppose most people take vehicular safety for granted. People are more concerned with MPGs and saving a few dollars, over safety, which could save their lives.

·
Registered
294 Posts
theescaperoute said:
Yeah, it really was a sad day.
I miss my Silver terribly, but I'm very appreciative of the fact that it wasn't my dad that took most of the impact. I suppose most people take vehicular safety for granted. People are more concerned with MPGs and saving a few dollars, over safety, which could save their lives.
+1000
I drive with safety in mind first, i think ppl are worth more than a few drops of extra gas.
So sorry to hear about your beloved Silver...but it took the brunt of the force so your dad wouldnt have too, saving his life.
I nearly had a rear-end collision last night, and not only that but the guy who was tailgating me went around me in an intersection while i was waiting there for the light to turn green. I sent the cops after him.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sorry to hear about a lost Escape, :cry: I sort of know how you feel, I came close to loosing mine a while back and I was very upset. At least you have another, but it's amazing how attached you can become to a vehicle. Glad your Dad wasn't hurt, the Silver went out in style taking one for it's occupant. :clap:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, guys.
I really appreciate the kind words. And ltlred, kudos for that. People like that shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Airmapper said:
Sorry to hear about a lost Escape, :cry: I sort of know how you feel, I came close to loosing mine a while back and I was very upset. At least you have another, but it's amazing how attached you can become to a vehicle. Glad your Dad wasn't hurt, the Silver went out in style taking one for it's occupant. :clap:
I'm really not sure if you could've put that better. :cry: I loved that car, but I'm glad that it was able to protect my dad. Just another reason why I own my second Escape.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My sincere condolences. I know how you feel. (See my signature?) I spun out on black ice and hit a Jersey barrer in my Mustang. I was fine, even though I'd been doing about 45 mph. Ford apparently knows what it's doing when it comes to safety. Still, I'm mad at myself. I wasn't speeding, but I should've been more careful, realizing ice was possible that day. It was the first car I'd ever bought myself, and we'd had quite a few adventures. Lots of great mods too...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I saw your signature around the board, and that Mustang is pretty sweet. It's really unfortunate that such a thing happens to nice cars. The important thing is that you're okay.
What did you have done to the Mustang?

·
Registered
118 Posts
theescaperoute said:
Yeah, I saw your signature around the board, and that Mustang is pretty sweet. It's really unfortunate that such a thing happens to nice cars. The important thing is that you're okay.
What did you have done to the Mustang?
Thank you! Some of the mods you can see in the picture: wheels, front chin spoiler, shorty antenna, clear turn signal lenses, window tint, custom emblems, chrome foglight surrounds.

Others included Ford Racing "GTA" exhaust, aftermarket audio, a TCI "StreetFighter" shifter, dual-beam HID lights, sequential turn signals, LED interior lighting, and some underhood dress-up. I was waiting until my warranty expired before I really got into any big powertrain mods. But that never happened. :doh:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ronin said:
Thank you! Some of the mods you can see in the picture: wheels, front chin spoiler, shorty antenna, clear turn signal lenses, window tint, custom emblems, chrome foglight surrounds.

Others included Ford Racing "GTA" exhaust, aftermarket audio, a TCI "StreetFighter" shifter, dual-beam HID lights, sequential turn signals, LED interior lighting, and some underhood dress-up. I was waiting until my warranty expired before I really got into any big powertrain mods. But that never happened. :doh:
That's really unfortunate. I give you my most sincere condolences for your loss. That had to have been a wonderful car to own.

the2belo said:
She gave her life that your dad might live. My praise to her builders.
I agree wholeheartedly. I just wish it didn't have to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts