Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Has anybody put chrome door handles on their E/M/T? I would really like to have some; guess it reminds me of my 82 F100. I have found two different dealers...I am sure there are more,but this is what I found. Let me know what you think.

e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Sportwing.com: http://www.sportwing.com/fordescape08doorhandle.aspx

I see so many medium/dark gray vehicles with chrome door handles and they really add some pop to it. My rims will eventually either be polished, chrome, or black with a chrome ring. The hypercoated are nice too, but they are a little too close to the color of my Escape and I am afraid it wouldn't look good.

I appreciate the inpute!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well...I am partial to the chrome door handles and mirror covers and I am waiting for the nice weather to install them. Before doing this, I tape them on and have a look at them for a bit, take a picture and then remove them. I take a few days and look at them online and make my decision. That way you don't have any suprises. Also, I bought my online through eBay as well.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Just bought and installed some from ebay 30$ shipped!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Here are mine

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
andjayik said:
Here are mine

Those look great...how do they feel? Do they wrap around the inner edge of the door handle (where you actually grab the handle)? My concern is that if they do not wrap around, you might catch your hand on the inside of the handle or snag it by accident and pop the chrome off. Let me know.

Thank you!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sterling10 said:
andjayik said:
Here are mine

Those look great...how do they feel? Do they wrap around the inner edge of the door handle (where you actually grab the handle)? My concern is that if they do not wrap around, you might catch your hand on the inside of the handle or snag it by accident and pop the chrome off. Let me know.

Thank you!
They do not wrap around the inside but they still fit nice. There is no chance of pulling these off as you would tear off a finger nail before they come off. 3m tape is amazing.

·
Registered
679 Posts
ya they don't wrap around the whole thing, they have 3m tape on them and also come with a 30 promoter which is like crazy glue. Like he said u would pull ur nail off first.

·
Registered
679 Posts
sounds good and triple the cost for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
andjayik said:
Who on e-bay did you buy them from? Does anybody else have a recommendation for reputable dealers through e-bay for accessories?

Thanks!

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,339 Posts
Sterling10 said:
andjayik said:
Who on e-bay did you buy them from? Does anybody else have a recommendation for reputable dealers through e-bay for accessories?

Thanks!
On ebay - hubcapsplus.com is a goog company, good product, good communication answer all my questions and help.
recommand(i buy 3 items)

frenchcanadian

·
Registered
99 Posts
thought I should add a pic for this thread since I just put handle covers on my silver Escape

·
Registered
99 Posts
jpark said:
How would you rate the quality on those handles?
They seem to fit nicely and they're advertised as triple chromed. The thickness results in you feeling the top and bottom edges when grasping handles. As for durability of the chrome surface, only time will tell. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.