Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal. I have recently changed all the filters on my car. The battery filter in the back, the one under the hood by the battery and the one under the passenger cowl. Under the passenger cowl there was not one there so I installed one. I have heard it is a good idea as it filters out debris when you have the defrost on for sure.

Well onto the story. On friday my wife was driving and all was working well. This weekend it did not work at all, not even on vent, defrost, max ac. It sounded like it normally does when turning it on but no air flow. So this monring she gets in to go to work and all is well. So this weekend when it did not work we thought maybe a fuse. Checked anyones that may be associated with AC and all check out fine.

1. So either someone is on its way out and just has not gone out yet or there is a problem. Since it was not working this weekend, my wife was going to take it in under warranty. Since it started to work this morning I told her to hold off as if it is working then maybe they can not find out what is wrong.

2. Could the filter I installed under the passenger cowl cause any of these issues?

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Blower motor might have blown. Also the switch for the AC can be the culprit. No way its the filter. When you checked the fuses did you visualy check them or did your use a multimeter? Some opend (blown) fuses dont seem to have blown due to the color of the fuse and the conductor is sometimes and very rarely a "hairline" break.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oskerb said:
Blower motor might have blown. Also the switch for the AC can be the culprit. No way its the filter. When you checked the fuses did you visualy check them or did your use a multimeter? Some opend (blown) fuses dont seem to have blown due to the color of the fuse and the conductor is sometimes and very rarely a "hairline" break.
I just visually checked them. So if the blower went out and started working this morning, could it be on its way out?

I checked the fuses I thought could be part of it but not sure. Does anyone know what fuses I should maybe check?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I dont own that generation E so I dont know the layout for the fuses. You can check the owners manual and see the fuse layout. If the AC worked this morning after not working then the motor is going out, the switch is goin out, or the fuse wasnt seated right.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oskerb said:
I dont own that generation E so I dont know the layout for the fuses. You can check the owners manual and see the fuse layout. If the AC worked this morning after not working then the motor is going out, the switch is goin out, or the fuse wasnt seated right.
What switch are you talking about, the one inside the car that you use to change functions? I assume there is a fuse for the blower?

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I wonder if you knocked some debris (a thick leaf or small twig) in the duct that may have temporarily kept the fan from blowing when you changed the filter...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RobtRoma said:
I wonder if you knocked some debris (a thick leaf or small twig) in the duct that may have temporarily kept the fan from blowing when you changed the filter...
That could make sense and I assume you mean the filter under the cowl. But could that have blocked all vents from getting any air to come out?

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Yea... the one under the cowl. It's the intake for the dash vents. I'm thinking something may have fallen in there and lodged into the fan keeping it from turning. Then it dislodged and the fan was able to turn again. I don't know how the fan works or if this is even possible. I'm just throwing something out there for thought...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RobtRoma said:
Yea... the one under the cowl. It's the intake for the dash vents. I'm thinking something may have fallen in there and lodged into the fan keeping it from turning. Then it dislodged and the fan was able to turn again. I don't know how the fan works or if this is even possible. I'm just throwing something out there for thought...
Yea it does make sense. Hopefully that was all it was.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well every since it started working have not had any issues. So maybe something was stuck or something. But knock on wood all has been well for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
davids2005 said:
Well every since it started working have not had any issues. So maybe something was stuck or something. But knock on wood all has been well for a few weeks now.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts