Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Another week of hard work has passed, been pulling maverick apart to fit lights to him :D

First off i wired up the two amber lights at the front next to the regi plate. These are wired into the Side Lights so when i put them on, the amber ones come one aswell.

some of you's will love this and some will hate what im about to show you's next, personally i love it :D

When you unlock maverick/escapes, the interior light comes on, and now because of my hard work, 3 Blue L.E.D lights light up around the back of the door handles illuminating the door handle well. and when you lock the car, the lights go off, or if you open the door with the key in the ignition the lights come on and when you close the door they instantly go off. if you simply unlock the car the lights light up for about 10-20 seconds then slowly fade out. Not 100% sure how it works because at any given time while in the car i can put my interior light on and they wont light up on the outside. But it looks great :D

Ordered a set of LED lights they come as a strip of 18 LED's that can be cut down, they are getting fitted on the underside of the door to act as down lighters for when the door is open they will illuminate the ground.

·
Registered
328 Posts
looks good, i already got the leds at the botom of door, works great!. how did you get the led'sinto the outside of the door handle? i got some on inside handle, but cant figure out how to get them on the exterior door handle also.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what i did was pulled the handle till it was open and jammed carboard in it to keep it open then got a dill with a 3.5mm drill bit and drilled the plastic as close to the handle as i could then fed the cable from the LED's into the hole, used long nose pliars to take it out the top of the gap then fed it back in and was able to get to it with long nose pliars from the inside of the door handle which made life easy. Because there was no Lights on my trim i had to take the cable all the way from the door handle to the interior light on the ceiling. i'll get some pictures for you if this would be easier.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres the pictures as you can see where the handle pivots when you open, i drilled in there as there is a space between the inside of the door and the outside when you have a proper look you will see what i mean. when you open the handle there is a white sort of box thats hollowed out (cant think of the name of it) but you can see from the inside of the car straight through it into the handle so thats where i took the cables in

a diagram,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts