Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Mariner, but my boyfriend recently bought a new 2010 Ford Fusion, which included a rear backup camera, and I am a little jealous. When he shifts into reverse, his navigation screen displays the input from the camera.

My Mariner has the factory navigation head unit, and I am curious to see if I can rig something up to add this capability. Can I install a camera and have the factory navigation display the input from the camera on reverse?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If you have factory navigation, you might be able to add rear camera functionality to it, but you'll need to see if some of the necessary features and wiring are there.

Look behind the nav unit and see it you have an empty 10-pin connector cavity in the back of the unit. On 2010 models, there are two wires on a 10-pin connector that plug into that cavity with the video feed from the rear camera. The factory camera is located where the liftgate release was located on 2008 and 2009 models. 2010 models have a new recessed handle in the liftgate below the license plate for the liftgate release. There's also a reverse lamp feed that will need to be connected.

A picture of the back of the nav unit would really help. Let me know if you can do that, or find out if the nav unit has a 10-pin connector cavity on the back of it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MachU said:
i know its been awhile but how did this work out for you?.
I recently purchased an 09 Escape with the Nav system, and thinking of adding a cam, is there a plug and play type, or has anyone tried this type of cam? http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-Ford-Esca ... 9e&vxp=mtr , and if so, how was the quality and the step to hook up to reverse power up only?
I gave up on the idea :)

It might be possible, but I decided that it was too much work for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts