Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but couldn't find anything, so I hope someone can help. I'm adding an electrochromatic mirror to my 2008 FEH but I can't determine where to pick up accessory-switched power. My wire runs to the driver-side dash access at the bottom of the A-pillar. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Nothing specific, but I would try to take it out to the fuse panel and connect to a fused and switched accessory. Radio maybe, if your not driving any large amps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the ideas. ... So many wires to pick from. Earlier I thought I had found two possibilities in the harness behind the panel on the left of the dash, but when I hooked up to one of them it made the HVAC blower run all the time, and to the other it turned on the wipers on intermittent. Clearly I don't know quite what I'm doing wiring-wise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took out the radio and tested all the wires in the harness and didn't find any that were hot only when the key was in the accessory position, only always hot. I also learned that although the radio doesn't play unless the accessories are on, the deck will eject or load a CD without even the key being in the ignition.

Still befuddled on where to tap into accessory power. :shrug:

·
Registered
758 Posts
You can connect this directly to your 12V battery as the mirror does not draw much "juice". You want to sent an PM to JPark on this site as he has the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can't help w/ wiring; but doesn't the FEH all ready have an electrochromatic mirror?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can connect this directly to your 12V battery as the mirror does not draw much "juice". You want to sent an PM to JPark on this site as he has the wiring diagrams.
Thanks, I will. I figured I wouldn't want it to be hot all the time.

In reply to the next post, the 2008 FEH I just bought (used) has just a standard mirror. The main thing I want is the map lights on the aftermarket mirror I bought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found an answer elsewhere - I was able to tap into a wire at the base of the driver-side A pillar that feeds the interior lights, so the mirror is working perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.