Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had found these mirrors on ebay but I have a question about connecting them to my Mariner. My Mariner currently does not have heated mirrors and I would like to add them to it. The picture on ebay shows that it is a single plug connector that hooks up to it. Would I simply need to unbolt my existing and hook up the new ones and the heated option would work? I am just not sure. I don't know if additional wiring would be required or not. It would be awesome if it was simply plug and play and would work. But somehow I do not believe that will be the case. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Escape-M ... 8683wt_941

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Looks to me like it is a plug and play item. But it wouldn't hurt to ask the question of the seller. It does not look like a FoMoCo part. I maybe wrong, but does it even say it's a Ford part, or is it some knockoff?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is after market. It "looks" identical to the original, but I'm 99% sure it is after market, which I am fine with. I'm just wondering if in the wiring harness/connector, all is there and I won't have to do anything else besides unplug the old and plug in the new.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Like I said, ask the seller the question. If they are unwilling to provide an answer, I'd be unwilling to buy their item. As for quality, it'll be lacking. All aftermarket, made in China is deficient. It's part of the knock off world I suppose. :shrug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts