Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested in purshasing some new headlights for my 2001 ford escape. Is there such thing as after market headlights for this vehicle. i searched ebay and found almost nothing. Does anybody ahve any pics or suggestion or links to send. Or is a 2005 - 2008 headlight the way to go (even with the confusing wiring)

·
Registered
333 Posts
There was somebody on this, or another forum that made their own HID headlight system, using the Elipsoid headlight assemblies from an older model Lexus sedan, and grafted them into the headlight assemblies of the escape. They looked almost OEM from the pictures posted.

As far as just changing the lightbulbs goes, you COULD get HID lighting kits like a lot of people do, just bear in mind that they create a tonne of "Splash" and glare, as they weren't really meant to be used in standard reflectors.

There are options as far as lightbulbs go...

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/bulbSear ... Escape.htm

I just switched all of my headlights and highbeams with Eurolite "Xenon Plasma" bulbs from Canadian Tire. They are DOT approved, and even though they are just coated bulbs, they do emit a 4000K colour temp, vs the 3400 OEM bulbs. They cost half as much as Silverstar Ultras or GE Nighthawks, and last as long, or longer.

Let us know what you'd like to do!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thanks for the input im mostly interested in some clear headlight lenses. instead of the older lenses like i have in my 2001. I guess the only real answer is just to buy a set of 2005 to 2007 headlights. any one know where to find a deal on these?

·
Registered
123 Posts
about a month late but better than never
yes the 05-07 headlights do fit in 01-04 escape.
but there is some work required because i belive the 01-04 models use one bulb for lows and highs where as the 05-07 use two different bulbs

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting,

I was looking for same thing, and although I did find a couple projector halo lights, pretty expensive, $400. plus, so I am still shopping, so if I find better deal, I will post it. I have lead on very low cost option, but not picture yet, and they are out of stock, so we shall see.

Success to all,

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The only projector lights that are out there are for the Asian market and wont fit our escapes without major modifications. if you look at the shape you'll notice the different shape. They do look like they will fit the 05-07 Mariner.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is it hard to change up the wiring to accomodate the 2-bulb set-up the '05-'07 headlights have on an '02? I need new headlights soon (condensation in drivers side) and am heavily consider '05 and up headlights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
kflakes15 said:
where did u find the projector halos?
This is for U.S. and they have a CAN division too, so just use CA instead of COM.

http://www.primechoiceautoparts.com/c-8 ... -2004.aspx

What is curious is they have different part number for 2001-2004 while 2005-2007 is different. I thought lights were the same, so does anyone know what difference is, the reason I ask is the 2005-2007 is half the price? I know 2005-2007 uses two light system, but wow, can I adapt the two light system and save 50%?

I have been thinking about this and researching all options, and the halo is just too expensive, but this projector is cheap by comparison. So would lights be even brighter using double element of 2001-2004 headlight bulb, plus add another for second light effectively doubling high beam light, am I right? It would be easy to put another socket and bulb in second high beam light unit. Just a thought.

Success to all,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Update:

I talked with company and they guarantee a perfect fit, and as I suspected, the only difference is the 2001-2004 version is single projector as the original is two filament headlight, and the 2005-2007 is two projector as is the original with two bulbs. In checking the wiring, I am thinking about using newer two projector lights and simply purchase another stock socket and simply wire it into the dual socket used on older version. As I see it, this will give an even brighter light with essentially two high beam level lights coming on at same time, the same as I have on my BMW.

Success to all,

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.