Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2010 Escape. It came with Sync and the regular radio. (I didn't request the Sync, it just had it.) I would like to change out the radio and install a Double DIN navigation system like the Kenwood DNX6960. I did some research online and I found these:

This one keeps the Sync, but it's $250:
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.asp ... egoryID=26

This one says it works with the steering wheel controls:
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.asp ... egoryID=29

I won't need the bluetooth/phone or navigation features of the Sync, but if just buy the steering wheel control module, will I lose the clock, outside temperature, and compass features of the onboard screen? Will the screen go dead or will it just not receive information from the radio? I'm ok with not having the Sync features, but I'd like to keep the clock, compass, and thermometer information on that onboard screen.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This has been covered before, be sure to check the threads.

On mine, it just says "Mazda Tribute" all the time on my display. No big deal. A few other members were more insistent in keeping that display functional.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ed3120 said:
So the temperature would be blank?
My model didn't measure temp so I'm without an answer there. Generally speaking, whatever you show whenever you have the radio off should be what shows when it is unplugged.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...I wonder if I bought the MS-FRD1 if I would still see the temp, compass, and clock.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Compass and temp, if already equiped, will remain. The clock is ran off the stereo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm assuming that using the MS-FRD1 would yield in the steering wheel controls being linked to Sync with no ability to link them to control the aftermarket radio?

Do I need sync to tell me any information on the car's health or when a door is open, etc? Or will that all still be displayed on readout near the speedometer and tach?

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
:party:
oskerb said:
Compass and temp, if already equiped, will remain. The clock is ran off the stereo.
:party:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts