Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my Air bag light just started to blink and now it stays on full time....any ideas what might be going on.....it came on after i took my truck thru a auto car wash that washes the undercarrage....also my remote has the button to open the hatch but it does not work....is it possible that it may have come with the wrong remote that was programmed for that truck?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Air bag light: check the electrical connector under the driver's seat and make sure it is firmly connected; that's the usual culprit. Don't keep junk under the seat as that is known to knock the connector loose and cause that problem.

OE remote had 3 buttons: lock, unlock and panic. 4 button remotes can be programmed to work, but as you found out the "trunk" button won't do anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gotcha...i orginally bought the truck from a car rental place and i kinda figured that was the problem with the remote but as for the air bag light ill have to check that for sure thanks for the post :doh:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
minnesotaart said:
Air bag light: check the electrical connector under the driver's seat and make sure it is firmly connected; that's the usual culprit. Don't keep junk under the seat as that is known to knock the connector loose and cause that problem.
When I had this problem, it was the passenger seat. Check both...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Its happened to me a couple times. Its the passengers side harness plug that is the problem(yellow wire, white plug) if you wiggle it around then turn the car on it will most likely go away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the post i did check them and one was unhooked and it went away thanks guys :woohoo:

·
Registered
348 Posts
When fiddling w the harness connectors under the seat, do you have to disconnect the battery?
Or just have the car off, key in pocket?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts