Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into my car and started it last night and the air bag light came on and stayed on, I had on my seat belt, as did my passenger. When I got home I turned the car off then back on again and it was on. What would cause it to come on and stay on for a period of time and not come on again? Ford has replaced the gauge cluster and instrument panel for other issues with the lights already. It is an 08 mariner.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I know the older ones had some under seat electrical connector issues. Mine did once, flashing, then steady on. Kids had jambed a lot of stuff under driver's seat. Wish I could remember which color, but pulled one connector apart, cleaned and re-clicked together. Never been on again since. Maybe someone else will chime in with a better answer.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
The under seat connector gave me a problem too. The dealer wanted to change part of the seat-belt system for $700 or $800. I had a small 10 lb weight set under the passenger seat that would slide into the connectors causing the light to come on. I removed the weights and pushed the connector back together and the light hasn't returned since...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Strangely enough I had this happen a few times too, read the manual and can't quote it now, but it simply said check under the passanger seat for obstructions such as trash or papers! ??!! pulled out some trash the kids left and slid forward and light went out! Never had to touch a connector, has not been back on in months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.