Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i drive a 2009 e-250 for work.. the air conditioning in that thing at low is freezing, and the air conditioning in my escape at high isnt even close to as cold.. is this normal is the escape just weak on cold air or do i need to recharge my air conditioning system?

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
The air conditioning in our 08 Escape and 09 Mariner are both freezing on the low setting to me. I tend to be hot quite a bit, and it keeps me very happy. :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Sounds as if your freon is low. I'd take it to a a/c shop and have it checked. Ours is like most Fords, icicles form on our noses if we aren't careful. :frozen:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine is probably the same way. I mean it's adequate and dont think anything is bad, but it def isnt the freeze your nuts off cold like any of the other Fords I have had over the years.

·
Registered
441 Posts
C17chief said:
Mine is probably the same way. I mean it's adequate and dont think anything is bad, but it def isnt the freeze your nuts off cold like any of the other Fords I have had over the years.
I agree. I checked mine from day one, and it's cold enough coming out of the vents. But I have the charcoal interior and charcoal exterior color, and that doesn't help. Best way to cool off the car is to open the windows for a couple minutes and drive with the AC on, getting it cooler, then once the 100 plus air is out, and 80-90 air is in, I close the windows and hit the inside recirc. and within 15mins it's nice.

Put a thermometer in the center vent after the car has run a while with the AC on. It should be between 38-45 degrees if it's working optimally. Mine might be slightly higher, so that would mean, it's low on Freon, but not enough to have me service the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts