Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me where to find the plugs that i need to check? i am getting code 37 i have heard that one of the plus is not completly connected but i only started getting the code after the winter broke now that it is warm it is on every time early spring after the truck was going for a while seems like a warm cold thing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i didnt want to post it here in the shop lol

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
kbosworth1 said:
well i didnt want to post it here in the shop lol
Wise. Try the common faults section. FWIW it's usually just a matter of unplugging the plugs and putting them back together again. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ford has a redesigned connector because the old connectors were making poor contact.

The problem is you also have to buy new pretensioners (the latch part of the seatbelt) which is very, very expensive.

I've fixed a couple by eliminating the connector and soldering the wires together instead, but I'm not quite sure of the 'legality' of doing this.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Exactly. The two TSBs that cover this are already in the How-to section.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=91

You might be able to get away with unplugging the connectors, removing the pins (keeping their locations exact), and retensioning the pins, but soldering or new connectors are probably better ideas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Moved into the proper subforum :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts