Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Escape XLT. The alarm goes off at about the same time nearly every morning. I think I suspect there is a possibility that the Sun warming the door is causing it, since it is about at the time the Sun hits the hinge area of the front passenger door. I find this annoying. Also the neighbors. Has anyone heard of this sort of problem? Are there any suggestions what to do about it? I cannot find any sort of switch button on the door for the alarm or door ajar indicator, so I figure it must be internal or a proximity sensor of some sort. Any thought or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

As an fterthought, is there anything I should know about to take off the inside door panel?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The OEM perimeter alarm monitors the hood, lift gate, and doors. there is no other sensing (motion, tilt, electrical drain, etc). If any of those are sensed to be open, without properly being unlocked, will sound the alarm (flash the lights and hook the horn).

The door ajar switch/sensor is in the latch, it never shows in the information center which door is ajar, either as the alarms is triggered or randomly while parked or running?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The OEM perimeter alarm monitors the hood, lift gate, and doors. there is no other sensing (motion, tilt, electrical drain, etc). If any of those are sensed to be open, without properly being unlocked, will sound the alarm (flash the lights and hook the horn).

The door ajar switch/sensor is in the latch, it never shows in the information center which door is ajar, either as the alarms is triggered or randomly while parked or running?
The alarm triggers while the vehicle is parked, never while running. The crazy thing is it seems to happen at the same time each day (about 45 minute variation), this is why I think the Sun has something to do with it. Does the perimeter alarm alarm use the same sensors as the door ajar system? If not, what and where are the sensors?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yes, same sensors, door ajar or perimeter alarm, and they are part of the latch on each door, the hood switch, and not sure about the lift gate.

It isn't the panic alarm from a fob? I don't think there is a difference in the way they honk the horn or flash the lights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, same sensors, door ajar or perimeter alarm, and they are part of the latch on each door, the hood switch, and not sure about the lift gate.

It isn't the panic alarm from a fob? I don't think there is a difference in the way they honk the horn or flash the lights.
I took the fob off the key set because the lock/unlock stopped working. It has been sitting on my desk for several years. I can turn the alarm off with it. It still does not explain the timing. Why does it go off within a 45 minute time period nearly every morning? Figure that out and the problem is identified. Thanks again for your help and information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts