Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey JP how about a wiring schematic for my 08 escape? i just got my viper remote start alarm and i need some help installing it

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Which part do you need? There are literally hundreds of separate wiring diagrams.

Is there an installation manual that I can see, or a list of the connections needed? It would definitely be easier to find connections that way.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh, now this can get good. I'm debating on installing myself or paying for this mod as I usually do. I know I can do it, but never tackled one before. I'm interested to see what you dig up JP...

Weezy, keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I have all of the 2008 and 2009 wiring diagrams (as well as all earlier Escape diagrams), but they're separated into small parts by the service DVDs.

If I can have the instructions, I can post the diagrams.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12v switched ignition
starter wire
tachometer wire
accessory wire
+ parking light wire
door pin switch circuit

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Which Viper model do you have, and do you have a 4 or V6, auto or manual? That would really help me determine which wires you need to tap into. Can you post the descriptions for each of these wires? Some of them are obvious (like +12V switched ignition). But other wires may not integrate into the Escape's electrical system the way they did into older cars.

For example, the door pin switch was easy when cars had all of the door switches wired in parallel, and they controlled the interior lamps directly. Now, each door switch is tied individually to the Smart Junction box, and they operate at extremely low current. The wrong connection to any wire leading to the SJB could fry it, and that's an expensive part to replace. And the door switches are closed when the door is closed, opposite of the way most door pin switches work (they close when the door opens). Most alarm or remote start instructions will have several wires that take different types of door input signals.

The tachometer line in the Escape is part of the Module Communications Network, so there's no direct tachometer line to the cluster. There are crankshaft and camshaft postion sensors, but they're tied directly to the Powertrain Control Module.

Even the starter wires are solid-state now. On 2008+ Escapes, the SJB allows you to hit START for a split second, then it takes care of sending a signal to the PCM to crank the engine until the engine starts.

Here's the starter system diagram:

I can give you anything else, but I need a little more info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts