Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put 18" wheels on my 2010 and was wondering if I need to get my alignment checked? The car doesn't pull to the side and drives straight but I have noticed that the steering wheel is turned ever so slightly to the left when driving straight. Not sure if it was like this before the new wheels. I know roads are crowned in the middle...maybe the steering is compensating for the crown in the road? I'm probably overreacting, but I would hate to wear out brand new tires....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
yeah do it. If you dont over time you will see that there will be wear marks where the tire is not aligned properly.

·
Registered
490 Posts
It wouldn't hurt, but I don't know if I would pay for it after the fact. Typically, a tire shop might "throw this in" if you purchased the tires there. You have a '10 with few miles (I'm guessing). New rims/tires should not throw your alignment off. I've never done this when upgrading wheels/tires on new vehicles.

If you would have checked your steering center with your OEM set, the deal may have covered this under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts