Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with slushy, messy winter approaching, I figure it's time to get some all-weather floormats for my 2009 Escape XLT. However, it seems like most of the options out there don't cover the upper-left spot on the driver-side floor where I like to rest my left foot. (i.e. The spot where some vehicles have a "dead pedal.")

The Weathertech Digital Fit mats seem to cover this area, but I'd like to avoid that kind of molded tray-style if possible. Does anyone know of some traditional, floppy rubber mats which extend that far?

If not, then alternative solutions could include:
1. Cut a larger mat down to the appropriate size and shape.
2. Use regular rubber mats and install an aftermarket dead pedal/footrest like the one in the link below.

http://www.importpartspro.com/03788bri.html

But hopefully I won't have to resort to either of those methods.

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually, I've decided to just go with Husky Weatherbeaters. I had a chance to take a look at some in person and they seem great. They're not the tacky, rigid plastic behemoths I thought they were. (Although that chrome "dead pedal" would have been kinda cool LOL.)

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Good luck with them. Do you have any pictures you can post?

I prefer the look and fell of carpet so I don't use the all weather mats. I use the OEMs and shampoo the heck out of them until my right heal eventually wears thru the carpeting. Then I replace them. Right now, I have the old back seat mat where my right heal sits to prevent that from happening again...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I had such good luck with Ford's accessory all-weather floor mats in my Edge that I bought them for the Fusion and I ordered them from the factory (including the cargo area protector, which were both options) when I ordered my Escape.

I used to drive nothing but manual-tranmission cars, but since 2000, I've been auto-only, and for some reason, I don't rest my left foot on the dead pedal anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts