Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty neat!

Ambient Lighting

Set the mood with available Ambient Lighting, featuring light-emitting diodes (LEDs) that illuminate the front and rear footwells, front center console bin and two front cupholders. Scroll through and select the color you want - Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, White or Aqua.

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/mariner/interior.asp (scroll down to bottom)

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Really nice !!! :yes: You should get those for yours !! :yes: I'm sure they make em for your model. Go ahead and go for it !!! :thumb: ;)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
escape08xlt said:
Really nice !!! :yes: You should get those for yours !! :yes: I'm sure they make em for your model.
Hmm, can I get this on my Mariner, JP?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Ford sells an accessory kit for this. We have it in our Fusion (see my sig). Each press the console button changes the colors from red, purple, green, teal, amber, blue, white, or shuts it all off.

The part number is 8S4Z-13E700-AA, and it's around $230.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! Thanks for the info.!

Now all I need is a cappuccino machine installed and I'll be set!! :taz:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
You don't already have one?

:shock:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's on my "to do" list. Right above the spinning disco ball.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If the cappuccino machine is above the disco ball, won't it shower everyone with cappuccino when it spins?

:hyst:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Dasha said:
It's on my "to do" list. Right above the spinning disco ball.
That women is after my heart! When you get the ball installed I'll drag out my white polyester sport coat! :party:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
...and when you do your John Travolta imitation by taking it off and throwing it, it'll probably hit me and spill my drink all over Dasha.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NO spilled drinks in the Dashariner. :box:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
"No eating in the car, kids!!!"

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
jpark said:
Ford sells an accessory kit for this. We have it in our Fusion (see my sig). Each press the console button changes the colors from red, purple, green, teal, amber, blue, white, or shuts it all off.

The part number is 8S4Z-13E700-AA, and it's around $230.
I WANT! I WANT!...How hard is it to install, jp?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I don't know. I haven't seen the kit yet, but it would definitely involve removing the center console.

In the Fusion, there's a button shaped just like the 2001-2007 Escape's fog lamp/rear defroster button, which mounts on the forward left side of the console. Four small, round LED projectors mount on the console: two on each front side (to illuminate the front foot wells), and two on the rear side of the console (aimed right and left, to illuminate the rear foot wells). There's also a dual ring that fits around the inner tops of the cup holders to illuminate them (this part is the part that may not fit older Fords or other models, unless the accessory part is different from the factory part).

It's not as bright as aftermarket LED strips and lighting systems, but it does look good at night.

I'll try to grab some pics of it at night. The Fusion is in the early stages of its blue LED conversion. :D

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, yes, on the pics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts