Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AutoblogGreen has reported that the two finalists in the most recent American Idol series each received keys for an Escape Hybrids:

Ford gives American Idol finalists Escape Hybrids

While we were a bit surprised to see David Cook beat out David Archulata on last night's finale of American Idol, it was the contestants themselves who looked taken aback when they were handed the keys to brand new Ford Escape Hybrids in matching light green. Not that they should have been surprised by the gift, as Ford has done similar giveaways since it started promoting so heavily on American Idol a few years back and announced the prize earlier this year. The matching hybrids were awaiting the pair of Davids on a green carpet outside the arena.

When we were granted the opportunity to test out the next-generation Escape Hybrid, due for the '09 model year, we found it improved in pretty much every meaningful way. Still, having had the current-generation Escape hybrid, like the ones handed to the Davids, in our garage a little while back and finding it to be a pretty nice machine, we know that the two AI finalists will enjoy their new rides.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
If either of them don't want it, I'll take it off their hands! :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Then I'd have to rebadge it for you with DASHARINER emblems.

Or DASHYBRINER.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Some A. I. fans would probably pay a heavy surcharge to get one of those. :thumb: Especially if they are signed and auctioned off at a charity event. Either of those two guys are probably not going to have any time to do any driving in either of those trucks. If they have good guideance, they will sign the dash boards and set them up for a charity auction for their favorite charity. Then they get to win them :) , win for donation to a charity in the amount that they are auctioned off for :yes: , and win in publicity :yes: . How often does anyone get to do that? Three time winners! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts