Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. We've finally had our 'American style' fridge freezer wired & plumbed in. I have to say that cold water & either cubed or crushed ice on demand is excellent, especially with the hot, muggy evening we had last night. :yahoo:

Freezer doesn't seem particularly large, but the fridge side is massive. It's a Samsung model, and looks great in stainless steel......(The £1500 cost was a bit of a heart-stopper though!)

Again. Thank you U.S.A. :yahoo: :yahoo: :beer:

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry. Should have clarified.

Fridge Freezers over here are about 60 cm wide. They have a freezer unit most usually found at the bottom, with the fridge unit at the top.

When Brits refer to 'American Style' Fridge Freezers, it's referring to the side-by-side design. A lot wider than traditional Brit appliances (Our Samsung is 94cm wide)

British Fridge Freezers don't have water/ice dispensing either.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tribby said:
I may have a simular model to you BigChris. Ours is a Samsung, stainless steel 2 door with the ice and water function.
We've had it 1 year and so far so good ;)

Are you enjoying the warm weather?
My Mum and sister are over there at the moment. They went to France and Spain for 2 weeks and are now staying in Southampton for 4 weeks...

Just me and Dad at home :yahoo:
Southampton for 4 weeks? Never been there myself, but I don't think there's 4 weeks worth of entertainment in Southampton. :D

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jpark said:
Ours has a freezer at the bottom, with side-by-sides on top.

Would anyone be surprised if I also said that it has blue LEDs?
Ours has blue LED display too :yahoo: :thumb:

Apparently, out Fridge is at 3 degrees C. The Freezer at -20 degrees C. Dunno if these are the optimal temps, but it all seems OK......Just need to fill it with food now.

1 - 5 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.