Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Escape I would like to put some subs and amp the door speakers. But I am have trouble find some where to get the amp wire through the firewall. I don't really want to drill a hole in the firewall. I hope some has any ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Breensy said:
if your automatic there is an empty gromet right under the dash by the steering wheel. poke a hole with a screw driver and send the wire through.
Breensy I have a manual. I have looked there and there is nothing. Do you have any other ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Breensy, where are you putting your amp? I just got a '02 and looking for spot.
Have you (or anyone) tried to put one under the driver or passenger seat? The seems to be plenty of room. I've searched the forum but haven't found example or pictures.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alwx2 said:
Breensy, where are you putting your amp? I just got a '02 and looking for spot.
Have you (or anyone) tried to put one under the driver or passenger seat? The seems to be plenty of room. I've searched the forum but haven't found example or pictures.
Thanks
Alwx2, I put mine on the back of the rear seat there is some sheet metal under the carpet. I would put it under the seat there is an air duct under both seats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alwx2 said:
did you mean "wouldn't" put it under the seats because of the air ducts?
Yeah my bad doing this from my phone. It would be ok in the summer time but it could be a problem in the winter. The amp could overheat. Have u found some way to get the wire through the firewall?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I had a opening beside the gromet in my 09 and placed the amp under seat ontop of metal bars. Now i just need some help adjusting the amp like the gain?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help. I was able to drill a hole just above the hood latch cable. It worked out great. Thanks again. I have another issues that I posted in Electrical mods. Please take a look and see if you can help. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts